The 115 Generators are utilities found in the Zombies map Origins. Within Origins, there exist a total of 6 generators, number from 1 to 6. The 115 Generators were designed by Group 935 to channel Element 115 towards the main Mound and the ancient rune stones, allowing to power-up utilities such as Perk-a-Cola machines, an Ancient Weapon Box, and the Pack-a-Punch machine. Following the installation of the 115 Generators, undead knights arise within the dig site.
There are six 115 Generators in total located around the map. Each Generator will power the Mystery Box, the Der Wunderfizz machine and any Perk-a-Cola machines in the surrounding area once it is turned on, similar to the Voltmeters in Mob of the Dead. Once all six 115 Generators are active, the Pack-a-Punch Machine will be available for use.
They are located in the following locations:
- Generator 1 is in the Spawn room, on the upper level.
- Generator 2 is next to the Tank Station, between the Workshop and Spawn.
- Generator 3 is next to Speed Cola, between the Workshop and Spawn (on an alternate path).
- Generator 4 is next to the Wind tunnel and Juggernog, on the left when entering No Man's Land from the Workshop.
- Generator 5 is next to the Lightning tunnel and Stamin-Up, on the right when entering No Man's Land.
- Generator 6 is behind the church, furthest from spawn.
To begin an activation attempt of a Generator, players have to pay points, depending on the number of players in the match - 200 points per player (e.g. 600 points in a match with 3 players). Once the conversation process initiates, a cyclic bar will appear on screen. The more players standing on the metal platform, the faster the bar and the 115 tanks fill up. If there is no player on the platform while the process continues, the bar will draw backwards until a player steps back on the platform, or the bar becomes empty and the conversion process halts.
When the generator is captured, all players on the platform at the time of capture gain 100 points, and the player that initially activated it gets their points back, though only if they are on the platform and not bleeding out when the points are given out.
Whilst a Generator is powering up, Templar Zombies will spawn in through portals in the ground surrounding the generator and, attack the players until the 115 Generator is fully operational or the capture is halted, at which point they will die. Templar Zombies only give 10 points per kill (and up to 100 can be obtained per round per player), and yield no points for non-lethal hits. These zombies do not count toward the Rituals of the Ancients reward of 115 headshots, though killing them will show up on the stats screen.
Shutdown of the 115 Generators
Starting at round 10, a random active Generator will be periodically attacked by Templar Zombies. Its location will be marked for the players. Should the players fail to stop these zombies in time, the 115 Generator will be deactivated. If it is deactivated, the surrounding area will lose power, the Pack-a-Punch Machine will be rendered unusable, the Templar Zombies will move onto another Generator, and the players will have to reactivate the Generator.
Templar zombies, do not attack the players while they are deactivating the generator or when they en route to another. Furthermore, they will stop attacking altogether if a Monkey Bomb or G-Strike Beacon is thrown in the area. While the zombies are heading for another generator, a symbol appears over one of their heads, indicating their location. This symbol changes zombies if the one with the symbol is killed. Should the players succeed in eliminating the zombies while they are deactivating a generator, a Max Ammo will drop. It will not drop if the zombies are en route to another generator, however.
- All Your Base (15 / Bronze - In Origins, activate all generators without allowing one to stop.
- Overachiever (25 / Bronze ) - In Origins, complete all 4 Challenges in one game.
- Master of Disguise (15 / Bronze ) - In Origins, use Zombie Blood to revive three players and activate a generator in one game.
- Little Lost Girl (75 / Silver ) - In Origins, release Samantha.
- A pre-recording of Ludvig Maxis will announce the state of the Generator. These are when it is being captured, when players leave the capture zone, if it is successfully activated, and if it is being attacked.
- Various schematics and notes are scattered around the map, containing information related to the Generators.:
- A scheme of a Conversion Generators.
- A map with all 115 Generator locations.
- A note in the Spawn room saying: "Keep the Generators running at all costs! Do NOT leave the platforms until they activate... they are coming!"
- Schematics of the 115 Container, the Electric Coil, and the Drill parts of the Generator. They appear again in Revelations in higher quality.
- The Drill schematics appears exactly as the same as the Drill as in the Nuketown Zombies Loading screen.
- On the scheme of the 115 Container, it contained the number 0076511. The last three digits are in reverse 115, referencing Divinium.