The A-10 Thunderbolt II is a straight-wing jet aircraft used by the United States Air Force. It is featured in the Call of Duty titles, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019). It is briefly mentioned in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- 1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- 2 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized
- 3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- 4 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 5 Call of Duty: Ghosts
- 6 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
The A-10 Thunderbolt II is briefly mentioned in background radio chatter throughout the campaign. Known A-10's
- Cujo 5-1/5-2(2 A-10 Thunderbolts)
- Warhorse 5-1/Warhorse 5-2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized
The A-10 appears in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
The A-10 appears in the campaign missions "Iron Lady" and "Scorched Earth", in which a SOFLAM is available to call in strafing runs. Killing nine enemies with the A-10 will award the achievement/trophy Nein.
The A-10 is a cut pointstreak of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. In game files, it is possible to find several unused quotes from team announcers, indicating that the A-10 Thunderbolt II was planned to appear in multiplayer. In the Wii version, the pointstreak is accessible via modding.
- "Warthog One-One, acknowledge"
- — Announcer of the Private Military Company
(file named "PC_KS_hqr_a10_01_r.wav")
- "Solid copy, commencing gun run on your vector"
- — Pilot of the A-10 confirming target location
(file named "PC_KS_a10_inbound_01_r.wav")
- Nein (20 / Bronze ) - Kill 9 enemies with A-10 strafing runs in "Scorched Earth".
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
The A-10 returns in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, with a more futuristic design that is sleeker than the regular A-10 as a Scorestreak reward named "Warthog" that executes strafing runs, using it's GAU-8 Avenger and Hydra 70 rockets, around the map multiple times. Upon being called in, the Warthog will perform two to four strafing runs, attacking enemy players within it's line of sight. Although difficult to accomplish, it is possible to shoot it down. It has two flares, needing three rockets or Black Hats to destroy.
Call of Duty: Ghosts
The A-10 appears in the levels "Brave New World", "Homecoming", and "Severed Ties". It appears in "Brave New World" twice as they fly over the player inside of Fort Santa Monica .Its first major appearance is in "Homecoming", where it can be controlled for a few seconds via the Remote A-10 Strafe. During the battle, multiple A-10's can be seen dogfighting Russian MiG-29's, but most of them lose those battles or evade them. They are destroyed in the level during the battle when 2 MiG shoot ATGM's into the drone towers, knocking them offline. It's second major appearance is in Severed Ties, where they provide Gun and Bomb runs for the tank units and CAS.
All known A-10's-
- Warthog One
- Warthog 3-1
- Eagle 1-1(Severed Ties 2nd cutscene/Destroyed by V-71 Mantis Turrents)
- Falcon One(Severed Ties 2nd cutscene/Destroyed by V-71 Mantis Turrents)
- Firebird 1-1(Severed Ties 2nd cutscene/Destroyed by V-71 Mantis Turrents)
The A-10 is available in multiplayer. It later appears as the Air Superiority pointstreak. The A-10 also appears on the map Collision as a Field Order reward, the A-10 Strafe. However, there is also a cut streak with the Thunderbolt, the A-10, with audio files in the game.
- Go Ugly Early (10 / Bronze ) - A-10 strafe 50 enemies.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
In the level Fog of War, two A-10s (Blue Viking 5-1/5-2) are presumably shown, where they are dropping white phosphorus ordnance at the entrance of Barkov's depot. They also make a cameo in the level Hunting Party, where they are shown flying above Rammaza dropping bombs near the general hospital.
A-10 Thunderbolt II's makes its return in Modern Warfare as a Killstreak reward for players which serves as Precision Airstrike killstreak reward although with a different behavior than in previous games; the target must be designated through a binocular, thus requiring the user to have a direct line of sight with it, at which two A-10's will strafe the target in a quick succession after a delay of about 6 seconds. The target is also marked on friendly HUD.
- Blue Viking 5-1 (Fog of War)
- Blue Viking 5-2 (Fog of War)
- Striker 3-1 (Multiplayer, Killstreak), American, Coalition
- Phoenix 3 (Multiplayer, Killstreak), Russian, Allegiance