There are five different types of ammo in Call of Duty: Ghosts Extinction mode. The different types of ammo include Normal ammo, Stun Ammo, Incendiary Ammo, Explosive Ammo, and Armor Piercing Ammo. Each ammo type has a special ability, except the normal ammo. The player is able to carry normal ammo and one type of special ammo at the same time.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Normal Ammo [Cost: $1000-$1250][edit | edit source]
Initial - Refill bullet weapons to 40% of max ammo.
+1 - Cost: 1 - Refill bullet weapons to 70% of max ammo.
+2 - Cost: 1 - Fills the team's weapons ammo stock to the maximum.
+3 - Cost: 1 - Fills the current magazine before adding max ammo.
+4 - Cost: 2 - Ammo regenerates for players within a 20ft radius of the box. (Refills 10% max ammo every six seconds.)
This ammo is regular, with no special bonus.
Special Ammo Types & Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Stun Ammo - Temporarily immobilizes Cryptids.
- Incendiary Ammo - Damage continues after firing has ceased.
- Explosive Ammo - Splash damage caused.
- Armor Piercing Ammo - Negates negative multipliers.
- Cryptid Slayer ammo - Combines all ammo types (500 Teeth upgrade)
Initial - Gives 30% max stock ____ Ammo to all weapons.
+1 - Cost: 1 - Gives 40% max stock ____ Ammo to all weapons.
+2 - Cost: 1 - Gives 50% max stock ____ Ammo to all weapons.
+3 - Cost: 1 - Gives 60% max stock ____ Ammo to all weapons.
+4 - Cost: 1 (2 for CS ammo) - Gives 70% max stock ____ Ammo to all weapons.
Armory[edit | edit source]
- Higher Grade Armor Piercing Ammo - 5 Teeth - Armor Piercing Ammo will inflict increased damage.
- Higher Quality Incendiary Ammo - 5 Teeth - Incendiary Ammo does more total damage.
- Arcing Stun Ammo - 50 Teeth - Stun Ammo will arc electricity from one Cryptid to another in close proximity. The amount of times it arcs is dependent on the upgrade level of the player's Stun Ammo
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ammo, Team Support & money crates will disappear after ninety seconds.
- Weapons will always be one less shot to kill with each ammo upgrade.
- Ammo will not be refilled until the box hits the ground.
- Special Ammo found in search piles gives the player 30% of that ammo type (The same as a regular box).