The Apothicon Servant (also known as the Interdimensional Gun - in short ID Gun) is a Wonder Weapon in the Zombies maps Shadows of Evil and Revelations. When shot, it produces a purple-coloured black-hole that sucks in zombies that get too close, killing them instantly regardless of what round the player is on, similar to the Gersh Device. The black hole will then explode after a set time, killing any zombies nearby. When reloading, the player feeds the Servant with a glowy food.
Shadows of Evil
Within Shadows of Evil, the Apothicon Servant can be built utilising parts obtained from the Apothicon forces and assembled at a standard buildable table. Doing so will allow a single instance of the Apothicon Servant to be picked up and copies added to the Mystery Box weapon pool. Uniquely to the map, the Apothicon Servant also has a total of four different names associated with it based on the character holding it., being Mar-Astagua (Shadow-Servant) for Jack Vincent, Nar-Ullaqua (Teeth-Consume) for Nero Blackstone, Kor-Maroth (Eclipse-Shadow) for Jessica Rose, and Lor-Zarozzor (Flow/Radiate-Decay) for Floyd Campbell.
|Dropped from Margwas, If ignored, it will disappear and the next Margwa killed will award a new one upon death.|
|Is an award from the highest tier Harvest Pods.|
|Potentially dropped from either Parasites or Insanity Elemental after Round 12 has been reached.|
The Apothicon Servant cannot be Pack-a-Punched, and was supposed to have a specific upgrade method, however the trigger for the step was cut, however via the debug console on PC, the upgraded variant can be obtained by utilising the "/give" command. The upgraded variant says the same name but with the addition of Arbgwaoth (Powerup) appended to its name. It fires a dark red portal that lasts longer, absorbs zombies faster, has an increased explosion radius when the portal finishes, and has an increased ammo capacity of 1+14 (originally was 1+24 until a September 2016 patch lowered it). It also lacks a specific texture to it.
The Apothicon Servant returns in Revelations where can be obtained from the Mystery Box. Unlike Shadows of Evil, the Apothicon Servant has only one name, Estulla Astoth (Envy All).
The weapon is able to be Pack-a-Punched by first shooting it at 5 panels that glow an ethereal blue, these panels are located in far places out of the map.
- Directly over the Shangri-La and Der Eisendrache island, floating above the doorway between the two areas.
- Straight above the Jump Pad between Shangri-La and The House.
- Above where the giant Apothicon stays after being electrified at the Nacht der Untoten section.
- Above the Verrückt fragment, down from the Jump Pad to Origins.
- Floating over the Origins to Verrückt Jump Pad.
These panels will travel into the Pack-a-Punch Machine, allowing the Apothicon Servant to be upgraded for the standard cost. The upgraded version is called Estoom-oth ("Estoom" means "sin/suffering" in Apothicon) and has a randomly colored camouflage texture similar to other upgraded weapons along side acting similar to the cut Arbgwaoth variant from Shadows of Evil.
Estulla Astoth vs Estoom-oth
|Extras||More ammo, black holes last longer, larger black hole explosion radius|
- Wonderful - (Bronze/15) - In Revelations, kill 10 enemies in one shot with each wonder weapon.
- Using a glitch, players could upgrade the Apothicon Servant in Shadows of Evil, and it was quickly fixed in a following update. Players were hunting for a way to obtain the upgrade, with no luck. In an interview with Jason Blundell, he has confirmed that "The Apothicon servant cannot be upgraded... in Shadows of Evil".
- A red-colored portal like the one of the Apothicon Servant can be found as a drop in Dead ops Arcade 2.
- During the last step of the Apocalypse Averted easter egg, killing a Margwa can spawn an dead Margwa heart. It is not known to be used for anything, and seems to be a part of a cut feature from the map.
- It was possible at one point for every player to have this weapon at once. It has since been patched.
- Once the black hole has finished there is a P-06 firing sound at the end.