- "Snow covered landscape. Good for snipers and long range firefights."
- — Array's map description
Array is a large multiplayer map featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Array is a medium-large winterized map featuring mostly level terrain. It is centered around a large relay dish, and the surrounding buildings. There are a few elevated positions on the furthest extremes of the map, but most of the fighting is on level ground, usually taking place directly around, inside, or slightly north of the relay station. The large open areas of this map make sniping prevalent. North of the map, there is a tower that one can climb and snipe from it, but vegetated areas on the left of it camouflage a sniper to take one out on the tower.
Presence in Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIEdit
A map known as
mp_array with the Array loading screen is shown to be on the disc for Call of Duty: Black Ops II and is displayed as the loading screen as a bug if a private match on Nuketown 2025 is started when another player does not have the map. After displaying the loading screen, an error message will display that says the map does not exist, possibly meaning that it is locked on the disc in a similar fashion to Terminal in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The same thing can happen in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, though the game will tell the player that they are missing the map before they begin the match.
- When viewing the array from a Camera Spike, it is not spinning.
- Far away from the playable area is a pyramid located west of the Black Ops spawn. However, boundaries will prevent the player from seeing it up close.
- If the player stands still in the dead quiet with no noise, wolves can be heard howling, with raven and eagle calls as well.
- Outside the map is a road that seems to end at the side of a mountain.
- More satellites can be found in spectator mode.
- When looking down the mountain, one can not see WMD even though that map has a view of Array. A bunker can be seen however.
- In a room with bunk beds is a power box on the wall. If shot it will open and reveal cobwebs covering the wires.
- The icicles hanging down from the "Roundhouse" can be shot down. However blades from the Ballistic Knife will become stuck in them.
- When standing on the stairs at B2, and throwing any grenade over the building towards Bomb Site A, there will be an invisible wall that the thrown object will either bounce off of or stick to. Bullets will also hit an invisible wall.