- "Selective fire capable, all-purpose weapon that is effective at any range."
- — Category description in Call of Duty: Ghosts.
An Assault Rifle is a type of weapon in the Call of Duty series. To date, assault rifles have been featured in every Call of Duty game made. They are essentially a bridge between a Rifle and a Submachine Gun, sporting a similar range to a rifle, and a fire rate and handling closer to a Submachine Gun. In many World War II Call of Duty games since the first one, the STG-44 (or MP44) is the first and only assault rifle featured, whereas the other titles offer a variety of assault rifles to use, including the STG-44 in the case of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Due to the balance between rifles and submachine guns, they are often seen as a jack-of-all-trades weapon, featuring an overall balance of range, rate of fire, accuracy, and capacity. However, individual assault rifles are extremely varied in terms of statistics from others. One assault rifle can have a extremely long range but low damage, whereas another assault rifle will have a high damage output but mediocre accuracy.
List of Assault Rifles in the Call of Duty series
Note: MP44 and STG-44 are interchangeable names for the same weapon.
- Additionally, the Judgment submachine gun can be toggled to assault rifle mode.
- Additionally, the Ripper submachine gun from the Devastation DLC can be toggled to assault rifle mode.
- Additionally, the RPR Evo submachine gun and the EBR-800 sniper rifle can be toggled to assault rifle mode.
List of Cut Assault Rifles
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty Online
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops III