- "Atlas Gorge re-envisions the fan-favorite Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map Pipeline. The Atlas Corporation has commandeered the world’s largest power source, the Three Gorges Dam in central China, whose sinister backdrop creates a gripping setting for multiplayer battle. Combatants will navigate the shadows, explore the map’s new verticality empowered by exoskeleton technology, and control a map-based turret scorestreak that overlooks the dam and helps to keep enemies at bay."
- — Official Description
Atlas Gorge is a multiplayer map appearing in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. It is available as an add-on map to those that purchase the Limited or Pro edition of the game, as well as being included in the Season Pass and was released as a separate DLC for $4.99. The map is available for free on all platforms since May 23, 2016. The map is a re-envisioning of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's Pipeline map. The map takes place on an oil pipeline below the Three Gorges Dam in Central China, which is now controlled by Atlas, and is based on the dam in the campaign mission "Throttle".
It is mostly divided into two by two buildings. Players can climb up ladders to access rooftops and catwalks offering good vantage points for people equipped with sniper rifles. At the North end, there are large pipes that players can use as hiding spots. At the East end has grassy fields and a building still under construction, it's probably good to equipped long range weaponry. At the South end, it has a few large oil reserves. In the warehouse, there is an entrance to the underground tunnel which leads to other places around the map.
- The map-specific scorestreak is the Rail Gun. It allows the player to control a pair of high-powered turrets atop the dam. These turrets are capable of killing enemies in one shot. The turrets are placed high enough to shoot down scorestreaks such as the Warbird. If enemies move out of range of the turret, the user can switch to the second turret to get a better firing angle. The main downside of this scorestreak is its slow reload speed, taking nearly three seconds to load another shot.
- Two cranes move piping around certain locations on the map, these pipes can be entered and can be used as a mobile vantage point or hiding spot.
- Several pictures of workers working at the dam that this map takes place at can be seen in the campaign level "Traffic".
- ↑ https://twitter.com/michaelcondrey/status/509926214614929408
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SHGames/status/734789143306379265
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyoeLhfBKw