Awaken the Gazebo is a zombie-related gameplay achievement/trophy in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It requires the player to Pack-a-Punch a weapon in round 1 in Buried, with no one using the Bank or Weapon Locker.
Methods to obtain money in round 1 without the Bank:
- Draw all the weapon chalks. Each chalk drawing provides 1000 points, except for the last one which gives 2000 points.
- Gain points by launching Arthur onto barriers (and the fountain). The further Arthur's launching point is from the barrier, the more points the player gets. To re-use Arthur, the player has to buy Booze for 1000 points in the Bar each time. The method provides a few thousands of points and opens sections of the map
- Damaging and killing Zombies, as well as fixing window derbies. Every penny counts.
Methods that can save points for the player:
- Obtaining the Paralyzer from the Mystery Box. Using its anti-gravity ability, it can save points and time, however drawing the weapon from the Mystery Box requires luck. The Mystery Box Persistent Upgrade can be useful if player wishes to have the Paralyzer.
- Players can get to the Bar without spending 1250 points on the main door, by getting to it from above via the tunnel near starting in the barn. The player would still need to buy 750 points for the couch. It can save 500 points, yet it is time-consuming as the player would near to return to the Bar for each Booze. This routing also allows to reach one of the chalk question marks for free.
To reach the Pack-a-Punch in the Maze, the player has to open the ghost mansion for 1250 points and go through it. Be wary as ghosts can take 2000 points from the player with each successful attack they land, which can ruin the attempt to complete the achievement. The player is advised to have a weapon other than the M1911 pistol in order to pass through the mansion (The Paralyzer would not suffice since it does not kill the ghosts, only slow them down).
If the player manages to get to the maze with 5000 points or more, the achievement can be easily obtained by getting to the Pack-a-Punch machine.