The Bank is a utility found in the TranZit mode of Green Run, Die Rise and Buried, in the Zombies mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. As long as the player has an active connection to online features, the player can store points in the bank for later use in the game or for a later game. The player can store up to 250,000 points in the box in increments of 1,000 points. When the player wishes to withdraw points, 1000 points will be withdrawn from the bank and 900 points will be given to the player and the 100 points are lost. The locations of the Bank are as follows:
- TranZit: In the bank itself in Town, behind a metal door that can be knocked down with a grenade, as two shiny keys. One key is used to withdraw and one to deposit.
- Die Rise: Outside of the power switch room, in the two showers: One shower is used to withdraw and one to deposit.
- Buried: In the Western bank, accessed via the underground tunnel near the chalk wall, or from an opening from above. One teller window is used to withdraw and one to deposit.
In TranZit and Buried, the player can share (and withdraw) money from his account with other players. To do so, the player has to hit (other) keys located in the bank with the Galvaknuckles. This will activate a prompt which allows players to take away 1100 points from their Bank account and spawn a Bonus Points power-up worth 1000 points, or add the 1000 points to the power-up if it has already spawned. The locations of the keys are as followed:
- TranZit: Near the floor under a teller window, left to the metal door, coming from the inner area of the Bank deposit (Note: Those are other keys than the ones used to withdraw and deposit points).
- Buried: Near the floor on the wooden wall on the left, coming from the underground tunnel.
- There are two main methods of refilling the bank quickly. Both methods rely on duplicating the amount of points the player has in the bank. Reapting the process for several times will very quickly completely fill the bank, thanks to the exponential nature of the process:
- Die Rise's Who's Who method: After obtaining a large amount of points (for example by withdrawing points from the bank), the player has to get downed near the bank. Once controlling the doppelgänger, the player has to deposit the points in the bank, and then revive the player's body. Doing so will restore the points the player had to the initial amount, but keep the deposited money in the bank, which essentially duplicates the amount of of points used in the process.
- Buried's Time Bomb method: The player first has to drop a Time Bomb while having a large amount of points (for example by withdrawing from the bank). Then, the player has to turn the points into a Bonus Points drop using the share system of the Bank. The player then needs to detonate the Time Bomb, which in turn restores the points to the initial amount, but also keeps the Bonus Points drop. Taking the Bonus Points drop will essentially duplicate the amount of of points used in the process (minus the fee that is paid to share the points, the true multiplicative factor is 1.9).
- In Buried, using the Time Bomb will return the bank to the initial state in which it was when the Bomb was placed.
- The player can use the Bank and the Time Bomb to open all the doors and barriers for free: Drop the time bomb, Withdraw points from the bank and use it to open the map, and then detonate the Time Bomb. This will restore all the points to the bank, but keep the the doors and barriers open.
- The Bank was originally based of a mod created for mapmakers in Call of Duty: World at War. This was a script programmed by a UGX member which other modders could use in custom zombie maps in the game to store and retrieve points in a fairly similar to the system featured in Tranzit, Die Rise, and Buried. More details on early versions of the mod can be viewed on the official UGX website a year prior to Black Ops II's release.