- "Take no prisoners, comrades!"
- — Barkov's Forces announcer.
Barkov's Forces is a faction featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and one of the main antagonistic factions in the campaign. It is a rogue division-sized unit of the Russian Ground Forces led by General Roman Barkov. Barkov's personal armed forces consists of Russian soldiers and mercenaries who carry out his brutal agenda to oppress Urzikstan. After Barkov's death, the unit was presumed to be dissolved and its members were captured and tried for their actions. However, there were still remnants of Barkov's men left in Urzikstan after Barkov's death who had avoided capture and continued Barkov's unfinished business by joining up with the Allegiance. Some others who are believed to have defected and had started working for Victor Zakhaev, began supplying arms and equipment to Al-Qatala forces, and currently serve under Zakhaev's Ultranationalist army.
- General Roman Barkov (Leader, K.I.A.)
- J-12 (K.I.A.)
- Luka (K.I.A.)
- Andrei (K.I.A.)
- Evgeny (unknown)
- Dmitry Bale (formerly)
- AK-12 - standard-issue rifle
- AK-47 - standard-issue rifle during the initial invasion of Urzikstan, phased-out in favour of the AK-12. Modernized in limited numbers for Spetsnaz units in few missions.
- PP19 Bizon
- Model 680
- Dragunov - Only used by snipers
- Tac Rover (seen in Proxy War)
- Su-25 (seen at the beginning of Embedded and Highway of Death)
- Ural-4320 Trucks
- T-62M Tanks (Shown on certain Multiplayer maps)
- UAZ-3151 Jeeps (Seen in the mission “Captive”)
- Spetsnaz soldiers were merged with Barkov's mercenaries to do some dirty work for the rogue general.