The map spans roughly 4x4 km (16 square kilometers) and supports up to 100 players.
Array is located just west of the center of the map and is close to several other areas such as Firing Range and the Construction Site.
The area consists of several satellite arrays, a medium sized control center, several storage buildings and hangars, as well as a central command center.
The Asylum is located in the central western part of the map.
Directly south of the Asylum there is a medium-sized graveyard.
The Cargo Docks is located in the southwest part of the map. It is notably set between the Lighthouse and Nuketown Island.
The Construction Site is located in the northwest section of the map close to Estates. The area is one of the largest named areas in the map, feature a multi-level hotel currently under construction. Players can also utilize three elevators around the outside of the building to ascend to the upper levels of the building faster.
The Construction Site is located in the north-most section of the map.
The Factory is located in the southern part of the map.
The Firing Range is located in the center of the map, and is notably set between Rivertown, Array, the Train Station and Fracking Tower.
The Fracking Tower is located just south of the center of the map, and is within close proximity to Rivertown and the Factory. Like Nuketown Island, the area contains an underground area, which can primarily be accessed by opening a pair of blast doors with a button on the surface.
Ghost Town is located on the southeast side of the map, near Turbine.
Hijacked is located in the large body of water on the west side of the map, situated north of Nuketown Island and southwest of the Construction Site.
The Hydro Dam is located in the northeastern region of the map.
The Lighthouse is located in the southwestern region of the map, and is located southwest of the Cargo Docks and directly south of Nuketown Island.
Nuketown Island is located in the midwestern region of the map, and is one of the only locations that is not directly on the mainland, instead being connected by two major bridges near the Diner and the Cargo Docks.
Like the Fracking Tower, the area contains an accessible underground area, in this case being a massive nuclear fallout shelter beneath the island. This underground shelter contains four main entry points, which are three hatches scattered around the surface of the island, as well as breached storage hall on the south side of the island.
Rivertown is located in the mideastern region of the map, and is directly southeast of Firing Range and northeast of the Fracking Tower.
The area is a small rundown town featuring many small buildings and shops. South of Rivertown is unnamed part of the town that features the boxing gym.
Because of the area's location, it is surrounded by the river that starts at the Hydro Dam, allowing for easy sea vehicle use.
The Train Station is located slightly northeast of the center of the map, and is within close proximity to the Hydro Dam.
Turbine is located in the southeastern corner of the map. The area features three large warehouses, several offices, and a few storage halls. South of the area is a large turbine field featuring multiple turbines, all of which can be accessed from the bottom and usually contain small amounts of loot.
- All Blackout Locations are based on Multiplayer and Zombies maps from Black Ops series:
- Array, the multiplayer map Array from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Asylum, is mostly set within the asylum featured in Verrückt Zombies map on Call of Duty: World at War, but also takes some inspiration to Buried of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, such as the hedge maze and gazebo in the north end of the area.
- Cargo Docks, the multiplayer map Cargo from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Construction Site, that has elements of the multiplayer maps Vertigo from Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Rise from Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
- Estates, is a combination of multiplayer maps Raid from Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Stronghold from Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
- Firing Range, the multiplayer map Firing Range from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Fracking Tower, the multiplayer map Radiation from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Ghost Town, the multiplayer map Outlaw from Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
- Hijacked, the multiplayer map Hijacked from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Hydro Dam, the multiplayer map Hydro from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Lighthouse, the Lighthouse found in Call of the Dead Zombies map on Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Nuketown Island, the multiplayer map Nuketown from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Rivertown, the multiplayer map Fringe from Call of Duty: Black Ops III and the boxing gym found in the south part, the boxing gym of Zombies map Shadows of Evil also from Black Ops III.
- Train Station, the main train near of the station, is the train found in the multiplayer map Express from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Turbine, the multiplayer map Turbine from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- In the days before the Blackout map reveal, the Hijacked yacht appeared outside of Isolated, south of the Pier.