- "Head to the Jersey Coast for a sunny afternoon of boardwalk-based Multiplayer battle in which you'll face your enemies on the beach and fight for dominance at the arcade while still finding time to cut the line at the roller-coaster."
- — Official description of Boardwalk on the Call of Duty: Elite Content Calendar
Boardwalk is a multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It is part of Content Pack 9 for Elite subscribers. It generally provides close-quarters battles, with only a few mid-ranged lines of sight. Shotguns will perform particularly well on this map. A recommendation for team-based gametypes is to hold-down a specific portion of the map, as it is relatively easy to maintain control of the lines of sight, provided that the player is properly set up.
Survival Mode[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a carnival game called Rummy's Watergun Shootout. Four animals are set on a race track and the player can shoot the bullseye in the clown's mouth and their respective animal will move. Four players can play and race to the finish, where whoever finishes first wins and all the players then reset to the start.
- Amongst the prizes at Rummy's Watergun Shootout, there are numerous teddy bears and plush animals of different sizes scattered around, some of them ripped apart.
- Right next to Rummy's Watergun Shootout is a game called Fast Ball, where the player has to throw a ball into the catcher's glove to win. However, if the player's explosives enter the catcher's glove, such as frag grenades or XM25 rounds, the player wins the game as well.
- Near the Spetsnaz spawn, there are numerous rollercoaster action shots on a booth. The people in the photos might be Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, or Raven Software staff.
- The rollercoaster, Spinal Shock, moves throughout the match.
- There are numerous photographs showing the IW/Raven development team scattered around the map.
- In front of one of the shops, there are t-shirts with various designs that are also used for some emblems in the game, along with a shirt that says "40 KILL STREAK BECOME RAINBOW DOG".