- "Are you afraid of dark, tight spaces? Confront your deepest fears as you battle the undead in an underground obstacle course of mental challenges. You are now 'Buried'."
- — Map description
Buried, also known as Resolution 1295 and Processing, is a Zombies map included in the Vengeance downloadable content pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It is the sixteenth Zombies map in the Zombies storyline, and chronologically the last on the original timeline.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Victis Crew (Abigail "Misty" Briarton, Marlton Johnson, Russman and Samuel J. Stuhlinger) returns as the four playable characters. The featured zombies have blue eyes, meaning that Richtofen is still the Demonic Announcer.
Buried features the Bank and Weapon Locker from Die Rise and TranZit. The map takes place in an underground western town, and introduces an "evolution" of the Ray Gun, the Ray Gun Mark II, that is also available on all other maps (when the player has bought the map pack "Vengeance").
The map also features a friendly non-playable character, Arthur. He will help the player(s) kill zombies, upon feeding him Candy, or destroy certain barricades, upon giving him Booze. Arthur can also help players construct the buildables if fed candy next to a buildable bench, bring players a new buildable, lock a box in place when the box has not been used and candy has been fed, re-spin the box when it has been used, and reset a drop. A ghostly woman haunts the mansion found on the map; once inside the mansion, she spawns frenetically and relentlessly rushes to the player(s), stealing 2000 points with each hit dealt, though she is relatively easy to kill despite her speed.
Buildables also make a return, including the Trample Steam and Turbine, as well as new additions such as the Head Chopper and the Subsurface Resonator. The map features a new revolver, the Remington New Model Army, a new wonder weapon called the Paralyzer, and the Time Bomb, which sends the player back in time. The map also features a new Perk-a-Cola, known as Vulture Aid, which allows the player to see the locations of wall guns, Perk-a-Cola machines, and other features of interest around the map. In addition to this, zombies have a chance to drop small bags of points and ammo that can be picked up by the player, and certain zombies will emit a noxious cloud upon being killed that wards off zombies when players stand in it.
Features[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Perks[edit | edit source]
Buildables[edit | edit source]
Easter Eggs[edit | edit source]
- Buried has a main Easter Egg following the trend of previous maps with the Trophy/Achievement being "Mined Games". When completed, it will award the players every perk in the game and a consistent Fire Sale until the game ends.
- The song "Always Running" by Malukah can be heard if the player activates three Teddy Bears scattered around the map.
- When getting a bullseye on the dart board in the saloon with a Ballistic Knife, the piano behind the player will then start to play by itself. If the player goes through the back of the mansion to leave the maze, a Ghost can be seen playing the piano. Tipping the Ghost 10 points will give the player a perk. The piano can be played manually in the saloon by holding the "use" button.
- An Easter Egg Tracker machine in the courthouse shows which players have completed the Easter eggs on Tranzit, Die Rise, and Buried. It also shows if players have completed Richtofen's or Maxis' path on the Easter eggs.
- If a player places all the Nav Cards in the right places and completes the Die Rise, Buried, and Tranzit Easter Eggs then they can hold the "use" button near the tracker machine. This will play an Easter Egg song called "Samantha's Lullaby".
Other[edit | edit source]
- The Bank and Weapon Locker from TranZit and Die Rise are featured in Buried, allowing a circulation of points and weapons between all three maps. Although, if a weapon is not in another map, such as the PDW-57 in TranZit, getting it out of the locker will result in obtaining a similar weapon that is on the map. (i.e If the Python is put in the TranZit Weapon Locker, the Remington New Model Army will be in the locker on Buried.)
- A Random Perk Bottle will be dropped when the Ghosts are killed after the player has made it through the Mansion and defeated all of them. This will only work every five rounds, and to determine if it is available, one may look at the mansion's front. If the lights in the windows are lit, then the perk-a-cola is available.
- If the player has Time Bombs, they can get two free Random Perk Bottles from the mansion every five rounds. When the player has run through the mansion, they may wait for the final Ghost to come out. When it has appeared, plant the Time Bomb on the ground. Then, kill the ghost. When the Random Perk Bottle appears, use the Time Bomb. After traveling back, grab the Random Perk Bottle power-up, as it will still be there. Then, kill the final ghost, and receive another Random Perk Bottle, for free.
- "Custom" placement of certain weapons onto predefined spaces by using chalk found on the wall. Each chalk placed will give the player 1000 points (the final chalk rewards 2000 points). These will be doubled if the Double Points Power-Up is active.
- The Booze and Candy items allow Arthur to aid the player in a variety of ways.
- Although the machine is not present on the map, the player can obtain a PhD Flopper-like effect through Persistent Upgrades.
Achievements/Trophies[edit | edit source]
- Mined Games (75 /Silver Trophy ) - In Buried, be their pawn.
- Ectoplasmic Residue (15 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, acquire a perk for free.
- I'm Your Huckleberry (25 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, access all areas with the help of your new friend in one game.
- Death From Below (10 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, drop the beat on zombies 10 times.
- Candygram (10 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, make a candy delivery.
- Awaken the Gazebo (30 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, Pack-a-Punch a weapon in round 1 with no one using the Bank or Weapon Locker.
- Revisionist Historian (10 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, rewrite history.
- Mazed and Confused (35 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, survive an entire round within the maze on round 20 or higher.
- FSIRT Against the Wall (20 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, purchase the LSAT off the wall and Pack-a-Punch it.
- When the Revolution Comes (20 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, return to processing.
Opening Scene Transcript[edit | edit source]
A view of the Earth is shown from space, destroyed from the rocket attacks. The scene changes to a view of the moon, where a few seconds of Samantha's Lullaby begins to play, the camera then pans down to a view of Abigail "Misty" Briarton, Marlton Johnson, Samuel J. Stuhlinger, and Russman walking through a desert at night.
Russman: Enough walking for today. We set up camp here.
They all sit around a fire.
Russman: In case you boneheads have forgotten, the world is broken, very broken.
The scene changes to a zombie attack, in which four survivors fight off zombies near an overturned truck.
Russman: The dead walk the Earth, and what remains of civilization is at the mercy of forces we barely understand.
The scene changes back.
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: What makes you think we're gonna find something different at this "new place"?
Russman: I don't know that we will, but at least we'll be sure.
Samuel Stuhlinger: Uh, sure of what, exactly?
Russman: I don't know... ...
Marlton Johnson: His memory's going again!
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: Your name is Russman! Russ-Man!
Russman: That my first, or last name?
Marlton Johnson: We don't know. You're just Russman.
There is a flashback of Russman in a city, standing in front of a building.
Marlton Johnson: Anyway, you're a former operative from Broken Arrow. You've been walking the Earth since the, uhh... ahem... "incident".
Russman: Yeah...I think I remember... A town...
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: That's right!
Marlton Johnson: That's where you found us!
There is another flashback. In Hanford, Washington, Misty and Marlton fight off zombies with dual wielded B23R's and a Remington 870 MCS. Suddenly, a bus drives up behind them and the door opens up, revealing Samuel inside. He offers his hand to them.
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: When we met, you already had your lap dog in tow.
Samuel Stuhlinger: What do you mean "lap dog", huh? I'm the only one who knows what to do!
Russman: Don't talk stupid, Stu! All you know is whatever the German tells you to think.
Marlton Johnson: I don't think you're in any position to ridicule Mr. Stuhlinger, particularly given your own proclivities-
Russman: You better watch your mouth before you say something you regret, boy!
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: Enough! We need to remember why we're here.
There is a flashback to the four survivors fighting off zombies at the skyscrapers in Shanghai, China.
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: We've all been jumping through hoops for reasons we don't fully understand.
Samuel Stuhlinger: "Fully" understand?
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: Alright, for reasons we don't understand at all!
There is a flashback to the survivors fighting off zombies on top of the bus in a forest-like area, and later in a flooded street.
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: Point is, we do it. We keep moving, we keep fighting. It's what we do. Day in, day out. If you really need a reason why we do this, I'll give you one. We do it because doing something... Anything...
Misty cocks her shotgun.
Abigail "Misty" Briarton: ...Is better than doing nothing.
The four survivors look off into the distance. It is daytime, Meteors fall to the ground, and there is a noticeable glowing.
Russman: The rift is less than one day's travel. We move at dawn.
Marlton: And what if we don't find answers?
Russman: Then we'll just have to ask more questions.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Buried/Quotes
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fog and ash from the missiles has cleared drastically, as the surface is now much brighter and sunlight floods into the map below.
- In the opening cutscene, other survivors are seen fighting against the zombies. Two of them appear to be police officers, each of them with a pistol. Another is a civilian with a sniper rifle and a zombie is mauling the others.
- The loading screen follows the tradition of teasing the next zombie map through a ripped page. Buried's loading screen features what appears to be a blueprint in the upper right corner of the loading screen. This is very similar to Der Riese's and The Giant's loading screen. There is also a Group 935 logo shown.
- Similar to Mob of the Dead and Origins, the player can see their character's name next to their points. However, this only appears at the beginning of the game.
- While in round infinity, the players can see their own dead bodies as well as the other players.
- Inside the Ghost's mansion, there are several portraits of a real-life scientist named Michael Faraday.
- The number of Ghosts spawning in the mansion is proportional to the number of players inside.
- If the player/players get close enough to the Ghost's mansion, they can hear ghostly screams and moans.
- The lava at the starting room is solid. If one throws a grenade at the lava, it will explode as normal.
- The name "Resolution 1295" is a reference to the UN placing sanctions on UNITA in Angola.
- When not in the maze, the maze will randomly change to one of seven configurations every 10 seconds.
- If the player listens closely in the Dry Gulcher Shaft, they can hear footsteps running by and also hear a high pitched sound that sounds like a person laughing.