The CEL-3 Cauterizer was implemented into the game along side the AK-47 and the M16 in a free update for the Xbox One on September 1, 2015, and will be implemented later for PS4 and PC. It can be seen in an official screenshot for the Reckoning DLC map Fracture.
Like its Exo Zombies counterpart, there is a longer delay between the first and second shots, but the weapon gains more fire rate after the first two shots.
It has three barrels, which rotate after being fired, and it fires the first two shots at a slow pace. After the second shot, the weapon will fire at full-auto until the gun runs out of ammo or the user lets go of the trigger. It is available via the 3D Printer, and all four players can wield it at once.
The CEL-3 Cauterizer is a high damage-dealing weapon; its hipfire accuracy is also effective, and the fully-automatic fire mode makes the CEL-3 Cauterizer an effective shotgun. Due to its one-handed nature, it can be used while downed, which is rather useful when covering teammates.
Due to its high damage (ability to one-hit kill zombies at round 20) and accuracy, and rather high reserve ammo for a shotgun, the CEL-3 Cauterizer is a worthwhile weapon. It is particularly effective against groups of zombies as it is able to kill multiple zombies with only one shot.
A fully-upgraded CEL-3 is a devastating weapon; at Mk10 upgrade, its magazine capacity increases along with the reserve ammunition, and now holds 24 rounds per magazine. The CEL-3 is therefore highly effective against groups of zombies. Past round 40, it becomes less useful, and it may be better to trade it for a MAHEM or a Crossbow, which deal more damage to crowds of zombies.
- Target Enhancer (obtained at Mk 4 upgrade)
- Stock (obtained at Mk 7 upgrade)
- Extended Mags (obtained at Mk 10 upgrade)
Supply Drop Variants
- In first person, the player holds the weapon with only one arm. However, in third person, the player holds the weapon with both hands, similar to how the player holds a normal shotgun.
- The Atlas logo can be seen on the gun.
- It was Oz's signature weapon before his death.
- "Cauterizer" is removed from the name in Multiplayer, though the full name still appears in the Combat Record.