The CLAW (Cognitive Land Assault Weapon) is an unmanned vehicle-like weapon in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
The CLAW is a quadrupedal drone and uses mechanical legs for maneuvering (which causes slow robust movement). Bullets can only do minimal damage to the CLAW's main body, with the exception of those fired by special weapons (Storm PSR, Death Machine, Minigun) and high caliber sniper rifles (DSR 50 and XPR-50). Normal bullet fire can only destroy the CLAW's legs, immobilizing them permanently. The War Machine works best, it can destroy a CLAW instantly with one shot by direct hit and a fast fire, so it can destroy multiple CLAWs at a time.
It is armed with a powerful rotary cannon, grenade launchers, and a mounted flamethrower. CLAWs are also seen in and are useable in most of the Strike Force levels.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Campaign[edit | edit source]
- Fallen Angel (friendly)
- Odysseus (friendly)
- Cordis Die (enemy)
- Judgment Day (both friendly and enemy)
Strike Force[edit | edit source]
Known CLAWs[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: Heroes[edit | edit source]
The CLAW reappears in Call of Duty: Heroes as the last unlockable Unit in the Machine Compound. It stands as the unit with the highest HP in the game, making them effective at absorbing incoming fire from defensive structures, allowing other units to move in and destroy other structures more easily. They are also among the slowest units, and can also be taken out easily by air units and mines.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its top-right side reads: "C.L.A.W. mkII 030973."
- In the multiplayer map Drone, there is a model CLAW standing on top of a table on the second floor of the main building.
- As well, in Vertigo, a miniature model of the CLAW can be found in a glass casing in the second floor building. It is encased in glass, and breaking the glass can allow the player to move the CLAW with melee attacks, bullets, etc.
- Its minigun sound in E3 and the final game are different.
- The CLAWs can "crouch", to avoid taking damage to vital parts in battle.
- CLAW's are the only drone that can be directly controlled by the player in a campaign level, Fallen Angel.
- Most CLAWs seem to have Latin Names, particularly ones that pay homage to figures from Roman history.
- On the Black Ops 4 map, Arsenal a single CLAW unit can be seen on an advertisement in the facility.