- "Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies delivers a Zombies experience never before seen on mobile platforms, including the original Call of Duty: Black Ops map Kino der Toten, and 50 levels of Dead-Ops Arcade, with even more features, upgrades and maps to come. Gamers can play solo, or battle it out in a true multiplayer experience with up to four people using the new Voice Chat feature."
- — Activision
Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies, abbreviated as COD:BOZ, is the mobile port of the Call of Duty series immensely popular Zombies mode and the sequel to Call of Duty: Zombies. Developed by Ideaworks Game Studio and published by Activision for Android and iOS, it was launched in select countries on December 1, 2011 and on Android in August 2012 for US $6.99.
The game allows four-player multiplayer, and, as a new addition to both platforms, voice chat. It also features ranks based on Experience Points. The first map to be released was Kino, and Dead Ops Arcade has also been fully transformed to the Android and iOS platform, with 50 levels. Players are able to play as the four characters from the console version; Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki and Doctor Richtofen, as well as the four random characters from Dead Ops Arcade and a rookie soldier in the tutorial.
An update on February 2, 2012 added the Ray Gun, Monkey Bomb, and SPAS-12. It also added a feature to continue the previous game (on solo), as well as fixing some bugs, plus adding a new COD Point feature, which allows the player to buy things on solo using real-life currency, for when a player does not have enough points for something. Also, they can be used to buy extra Quick Revives after dying. On March 15, 2012, Ascension was released, along with the Thundergun, Gersh Device, and Matryoshka Dolls. On July 19, 2012, Call of the Dead was released under the name Call of the Dead: Director's Cut. It features Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki and Edward Richtofen instead of the characters featured in the game on the consoles and the PC. However, on the iOS 8 update, the in-game textures were accidentally removed. They were repaired October 6, 2015, however, further glitches caused by the iOS 8 Operating System still exist. The 1.3.5 update was released the 17th of December, 2015, and changed the developer from Ideaworks, the makers of Call of Duty: Zombies, to Marmalade Gamestudios. It also says to have fixed some bugs, but this is yet to be confirmed. On July 25, 2018 the app was made unavailable to purchase on Android in Europe.
Light Machine Guns
- Kino Der Toten
- Dead Ops Arcade (Unlockable)
- Ascension (Released in March 2012)
- Call of the Dead: Director's Cut (Released July 19, 2012)
- Main article: Achievements/Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
- Several weapons do not have their ammo upgraded when Pack-a-Punched.
- It is possible to get two of the same gun out of the Mystery Box.
- The painting of the mystery man has been removed from the painting room of Kino der Toten.
- Unlike the console, there is no perk limit.
- Random Perk Bottles can give Quick Revive even after it has disappeared.
- The Random perk bottle is on its side when spawned by monkeys or George.
- The Gersh Device is seen on its side in the Mystery Box.
- The four pieces of the golden coin used to unlock Dead Ops are scattered around the menu.
- First piece is in the More Apps part of the menu, next to a Zombie breaking through a barrier on the right side.
- Second piece is in the Co-op Multiplayer part of the menu, in the hand of the Cosmic Silverback in the down-right corner.
- Third piece is in the Extras part of the menu, on a crate in the upper-right corner.
- Fourth piece is in the Player Profile part of the menu, right above the "Back" button in the down-left corner.
- If one saves and quits after activating a musical Easter Egg, the song will restart when the player resumes from the menu, even if the song ended before quitting.
- There can only be 27 zombies a round, with 10 being allowed on the screen at once.
- There are no achievements on the Android version of the game.
- George is referred to as the Über Zombie in the iOS Game Center achievements.
- Sniper rifles are absent.
- A glitch may have caused Call Of The Dead to have the same preview artwork as Ascension