|The Sergeant says, "This article needs more content, so stop messing around and add to it right now!"
Call of Duty: Mobile (formerly known as Call of Duty: Legends of War, and Elite Squad in it's pre-alpha phase) is a free mobile first-person shooter that was released first in Closed Alpha on December 15th, 2018 for Android systems only in Australia.
On March 18th, 2019, Activision officially announced the game, now called Call of Duty: Mobile. In September 18th, 2019, a release date has been announced and the game was released worldwide on October 1st, 2019. At launch, the game was not available in Belgium, mainland China and Vietnam.
The game surpassed 35 million downloads on the Apple Store and Google Play on its first three days worldwide and reached 100 million downloads during its first week. By the end of 2019, Call of Duty: Mobile reached 180 million downloads worldwide.
Similarly to Call of Duty: Online, Call of Duty: Mobile is intended to be a collection of nearly every element of Call of Duty, including characters, weapons, and maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and a Battle Royale mode similar to the Blackout mode from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
In October 2018, a trailer of a game called "Elite Squad" was leaked. There are currently only theories about this game. The mostly accepted theory is that Tencent planned on making a hero-shooter based on Call of Duty and CS:GO. When Tencent accuired the rights to make a Call of Duty game, the project was dropped and turned into the game we know now. The fact that the game from the trailer is turned into CODM however is proven, as the icon for the M4a1 Carbine that was shown, is found in the files of the released version. The mesh (texture-less model) of the RK5 and the m4a1 (including the surpressor and sight) have been found in the game files of older versions. According to the trailer, Tencent was also working on Zombies at this time as well, as gameplay of Nacht der Untoten can be seen towards the end of the trailer.
On May 16th, 2019, closed beta was introduced to the Android platform. India was the first country to gain access to the beta, being able to test multiplayer initially . On May 19th, 2019, Battle Royale mode was added . The Closed beta in India ended in June 6th, 2019 . In June 10th, 2019, the Closed Beta starts exclusively in Australia . On June 14th, the IOS beta was released. The Closed beta in Australia ended in July 3th, 2019 . In September 16th, 2019, the Closed Beta starts exclusively in Southeast Asia countries and Taiwan . The Closed beta in Southeast Asia countries and Taiwan ended in September 26th, 2019 . In September 25th, 2019, the Closed Beta starts exclusively in Korea. The Closed beta in Korea ended in September 27th, 2019 .
On July 18th, 2019, a soft launch began and the first countries that had access were Canada and Australia . On August 15th, 2019, Peru was the new country added in the soft launch.
Call of Duty: Mobile's multiplayer features classic, "boots on the ground" gameplay that fans have come to love, and also features various fan-favorite weapons across almost every Call of Duty title. The game includes a slowly increasing amount of maps: Hijacked, Nuketown, Crash, Takeoff, Crossfire, Summit, Standoff, Raid, Killhouse and Firing Range.
The medals awarded in multiplayer are based on the medals from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
A tactical nuke is also achievable with 20 weapon kills without dying.
ZombiesEditIn an early build of Call of Duty: Mobile (while it was still known as Call of Duty: Legends of War), the Zombies mode featured various linear missions that can be completed in a few minutes instead of the usual round-based gameplay.
In this build, the missions were based off of the Call of Duty: Black Ops II map; Green Run.
Zombie mode was officially launched on November 23, 2019 and the mode was completely rework compared to the Alpha version launched in Australia in December 2018. The first map at launch is Shi no Numa and three modes were released: Survival mode and Raid mode where there are two difficulties; Normal Raid and Hardcore Raid. It also features the return of classic Perk-a-Colas Juggernog, Speed Cola, Double Tap Root Beer, Quick Revive, Deadshot Daiquiri, and Electric Cherry, as well as a new system known as Coins, which act similarly to GobbleGum from Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Zombies also features "Buffs", which are cheaper, non-perk slot bonuses that grant the player abilities such as increased weapon damage, increased health etc.
Zombies Easter EggsEdit
In Call of Duty Mobile Zombies there are three known easter eggs.
The first Easter Egg (achievable only in the Hardcore Raid) is an additional boss known as the "Jubokko", which can be unlocked after activating the elevator and entering the second part of the map. In the center building of there are 4 repair parts which can be picked up spawning both on the first and second floors, however the Elevator only requires two parts to be repaired. After repairing the elevator the player(s) can activate it which sends them to the second part of the map called Zetsubou No Shima.
This part of the map contains two additional perk machines. Within this section of the map, there are blue plants with the ability to sprout large tendrils. Killing them all will grant the ability to get the codes to fight the Jubokko. The codes can be entered on a computer terminal in the adjacent room highlighted by a flashing red light.
Another Easter Egg involves shooting the blue crystal rock formation in the Northwestern section of the map, doing so enough times will spawn blue skulls. Shooting all the skulls will reward the players with a Power-Up.
Within the southeastern section of the map, in the furthest building, there are a set of pans hanging on the wall. Shooting them all will spawn a total of four blue plants around the map. Destroying them all will reward the players with a Max Ammo.
The Battle Royale mode makes a return in Call of Duty: Mobile. The mode features 3 game modes, 1-player, 2-players and 4-players modes. One map is available at launch, called Isolated, which features several locations from the Black Ops and Modern Warfare series.
Players can also choose between two camera type, a third person camera called TPP Shot Mode or a first person camera called FPP Shot Mode. When you first begin Battle Royale, you’re presented with a quick overview detailing the important game details, designed to get you into the action as quickly as possible, but with an overall understanding of the actions to undertake and the threats to face.
Within Battle Royale, there are six classes that the player can choose between at the start of the game that each have unique attributes, including equipment and a perk that are only available for that class.
The classes include:
- Scout - Sensor Dart and Tracker (Official page)
- Clown - Toy Bomb and Anti-zombie (Official Page)
- Medic - Medical Station and Medic (Official Page)
- Ninja - Grapple Hook and Dead Silence (Official Page)
- Defender - Transform Shield and Reinforced (Official Page)
- Mechanic - EMP Drone and Engineer (Official Page)
- Airborne - Ejection Device and Lightweight (Official Page)
- Trickster - Psychosis and Alert (Official Page)
Only one player per squad or duo can select a class, forcing each person to select a different one.
Because the game is free to play, it has plenty of in app purchases. These are all the things a players can purchase:
- Weapon skins
- Characters / character skins
- Grenade skins (lethal and non-lethal)
- Battle royale class skins
- Player avatar and avatar frame
- Battle royale vehicle skins
- Battle royale parachute skins
- Weapon XP cards.
All of these items come in 5 levels of rarety: common (grey), uncommon (green), rare (blue), epic (purple), legendary (orange).
Only the Exclusive weapons, weapon skins and weapon xp cards give an advantage during gameplay. The Exclusive weapons are either a reskins of an free weapon, or a meshup of 2 other weapons. The weapon xp cards are rarely bought however, as players earn plenty of these by playing the game. Weapon skins have so called skills, which slightly improve the gun. Rarer skins have better skills. In zombie mode however rarer skins do 10% more damage per rarity level (legendary skins do as much damage as epic skins however). There are skins that count as wonder weapons however. These are skins that when accuired can be gotten from a wonder weapon crate in zombie mode. Only inside zombie mode these skins are greatly improved, and have rechargeable skill for even more lethality.
Global Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.activision.callofduty.shooter
Southeast Asia and Taiwan Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garena.game.codm
Korea Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.tmgp.kr.codm
Global App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1287282214
Southeast Asia and Taiwan App Store: https://apps.apple.com/my/app/call-of-duty-mobile-garena/id1465688043
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CODMobile_ES/status/1150796807909400576
- ↑ Garena official announcement
- ↑ https://charlieintel.com/new-call-of-duty-legends-of-war-mobile-game-launches-on-android-in-select-regions/49899/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1107799516164448261
- ↑ https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-03/Announcing-Call-of-Duty-Mobile-coming-to-the-west-on-Android-and-iOS
- ↑ https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-09/Announcement-Call-of-Duty-Mobile-launches-on-October-1
- ↑ https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1180108490024599553
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-activision-call-of-duty/call-of-duty-mobile-smashes-records-with-100-million-downloads-in-first-week-idUSKBN1WN190
- ↑ https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-01-14-call-of-duty-mobile-reached-180m-downloads-in-launch-quarter
- ↑ https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-05/Call-of-Duty-Mobile-Fresh-Intel-A-Preview-of-Whats-to-Come
- ↑ https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-05/Call-of-Duty-Mobile-Further-Intel-A-First-Look-into-Call-of-Duty-Mobiles-Battle-Royale-Mode
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CODMobileLeaks/status/1136483438943510528
- ↑ https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-06/Call-of-Duty-Mobile-Future-Intel-Questions-Answered-about-the-Beta-Tests-to-Come
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CODMobileLeaks/status/1145974635256832000
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/B2yQAzgBLOr/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/B200LwDAsLg/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/codmkr/status/1177057167448268800
- ↑ https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-07/Call-of-Duty-Mobile-Incoming-Intel-Player-Progression-and-Ranking-Questions-Answered