|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare|
North American "Standard Edition" artwork, featuring John Price.
|Developer(s)||Infinity Ward |
Raven Software (assisted)
Beenox (PC, with assistance from Blizzard Entertainment)
|Designer(s)||Taylor Kurosaki |
|Engine||In-house engine by Infinity Ward and Infinity Ward Poland|
|Released||October 25th, 2019|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows (Battle.net)|
|Media||Blu-Ray Disc, Digital Download|
- "Prepare to go dark, Modern Warfare® is back! The stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power. Developed by the studio that started it all, Infinity Ward delivers an epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up."
- — Official description
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows. It is a reboot of original Modern Warfare trilogy. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the sixteenth game in the Call of Duty franchise, the fourth game in the Modern Warfare series, and Infinity Ward's second to be developed in a three-year development cycle. Announced on May 30th, 2019, the game will be released on October 25th, 2019.
In returning to the Modern Warfare series, Infinity Ward set out to create a game ripped straight from the real world terrorism that exists in modern day 2019. A week before the game's reveal, studio narrative director Taylor Kurosaki and single player director Jacob Minkoff explained to journalists this new game as a more mature, authentic, and relevant Call of Duty game that's not a superhero caricature, but a down-to-earth representation of the realities of being a soldier. It's taking scenarios that are "ripped from the headlines." Among the stated goals for the game's campaign: "Create an emotional connection through the realities of war," and "Push the boundaries of the medium."
In an interview with GameSpot, they asked Kurosaki what re-imagining the story of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to be relevant in the world today means to him and what are some of key inspirations. Kurosaki responded "Sure, well, the original game was ripped from the headlines. But it was ripped from the headlines of 2007. And now, here we are 12 years later, and the world has further changed. I would say that compared to 2007, the Operation Iraqi Freedom or whatever it was, that was kind of traditional warfare. Those were guys in tanks, fighting other guys in tanks and Jeeps, and this side wore this uniform and this other side wore a different uniform, and this side flew this flag, and the other side flew the other flag.
Today, modern warfare means that the war isn't just over there. That the war is everywhere. It's in our own backyards. It's in places that can suddenly become a battlefield at a moment's notice. It's about enemies who don't wear uniforms. It's about civilian collateral damage kind of being, unfortunately, part of the equation. When we set out to make this game, we asked ourselves a very literal question. We just said, 'What do the words modern warfare mean in 2019?' Not what does the game name mean, but those words as just words: modern warfare. And for us, it meant that a busy city center could be the site of a terrorist attack. That a residential compound could be the safe house of a terror cell, that commandos have to go into and eliminate the cell. It means that it's not only sort of John Wayne-style American G.I.s, but it's also local militias and freedom fighters. Where families are hit by airstrikes and people have to pick up the pieces by picking up arms and fighting for their own independence. That, to us, was the definition of modern warfare and if we didn't have all of those elements in this game, we wouldn't be doing justice to that name." 
Modern Warfare is said to deliver an emotionally charged and intense campaign that shines a light on the changing nature of modern war. Fight alongside a diverse cast of international special forces, freedom fighters and Arab soldiers working within the grey area of their rules of engagement in a number of heart-pounding covert operations set throughout iconic European cities and into the volatile expanses of the Middle East.
Locations include London, where a terrorist attack occurs at the start of the game, and the fictional country of Ursekstan. The plot is linear. Multiple characters will be playable, each with a different perspective on the conflicts at hand.
Achievements & TrophiesEdit
Operator Enhanced EditionEdit
- ↑ https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/30/18644568/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-4-sequel-title
- ↑ https://variety.com/2019/gaming/features/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-details-release-date-1203229026/
- ↑ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-modern-warfares-story-director-were-n/1100-6467239/
- ↑ https://charlieintel.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-campaign-missions-walkthrough-overview/54423/
- ↑ https://charlieintel.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-is-the-most-realistic-and-troubling-call-of-duty-campaign-impressions/54419/
- ↑ https://charlieintel.com/you-can-play-call-of-duty-modern-warfares-campaign-from-an-arab-soldiers-perspective/54475/
- ↑ https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/06/call-of-duty-modern-warfares-developers-are-still-deciding-how-disturbing-to-get/