Candy is a very useful item as it can be fed to Arthur which allows for a number of uses:
- If given on its own, Arthur will aggressively follow the player who gave it to him around, attacking any zombies and will be unresponsive to any other items until it wears off.
- If given next to a crawler, Arthur will pick it up in his hands and follow the player around with it. Shooting him or knifing him will cause him to drop the crawler and to stomp on its head, killing it.
- If given near a workbench, Arthur will examine the bench and go off to gather parts and construct a buildable on it, provided he is not shot at whilst gathering the parts. If a buildable is already in construction, he will simply fetch the remaining parts; otherwise he will collect all the parts for a random one. Arthur is able to construct a buildable in one go, but if a player is already in possession of a part, they must manually place it on the buildable.
- If given near the current spawn of the Mystery Box, Arthur will slam the box, preventing it from rolling a Teddy Bear, this will prevent the Fire Sale Power-Up from being dropped by zombies unless the Mystery Box moved via Teddy Bear before it was slammed by Arthur. It will also prevent it from being moved by Arthur again using candy by an empty box spawn.
- If given near the Mystery Box that has just been rolled but the player has not accepted the weapon offered, Arthur will force the box to roll again.
- If given near an empty box spawn, Arthur will go and fetch the Mystery Box from its current spawn, and place it on the requested one, unless the Mystery Box has previously been locked in one spot.
- If given near a Subsurface Resonator, Arthur will find the workbench where the Turbine is built and carry one to the Resonator. If a Turbine is already there, he will destroy it and replace it with the new one.
- If given near a Power-Up, Arthur will change it into a different one. The money Power-Up and Perk Bottle Power-Up can also be changed.
- If given near the chalk in the Gunsmith shop, Arthur will take as many of them (the Remington 870 MCS chalk included if it hasn’t been drawn) as the number of drawable chalk areas that he can access and draw them at random locations. The player does not get any points for this.
Candy will always spawn in the Candy Store which will cost the player either 750 points or 1250 point to enter. The Candy has several spawning locations inside the Candy Store which includes the barrel in the window, the barrel opposite the counter and the barrel next to the rear door. If candy has been used in one round, players have the option to buy candy for 1000 points at the cash register if they need to.
- Like Booze, Candy will remain where it was dropped if the players holding it is downed or replaces it with another item.