- — Demonic Announcer
Carpenter (Reconstruction in the DS version) is a power-up introduced in Treyarch's Zombies mode on the map Der Riese, in Call of Duty: World at War. In Call of Duty: Black Ops, it is found in all maps except Dead Ops Arcade. It appears in all maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops II except Nuketown Zombies, Mob of the Dead and Origins. When collected, the Demonic Announcer will say "Carpenter" and it will completely board up all of the windows on the map. It works similarly to the Nuke in that windows closer to the power-up will be affected first, with the effect travelling outward. Carpenter also awards a 200 point bonus to all players (that are not downed) when it has finished boarding the windows. The drop stalls any zombies on the outside for a fair amount of time, giving the players time that can be utilized. It is symbolized by a floating hammer or a hammer and nails in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, it will also fully restore the durability of every player's shields. A similar function is featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War where it repairs the player's armor. In Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the player can get a Persistent Upgrade to increase the strength of the boards.
A Carpenter power-up can be spawned forcefully with the usage of the Licensed Contractor GobbleGum/Elixir in Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 respectively, or the Shop Class Fate Card in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, the point bonus awarded by Carpenter is affected by Double Points, awarding the player 400 points.
- If it is grabbed when a zombie is crawling through a window, the zombie will instantly die as soon as they step out of the window.
- In the Call of Duty: Black Ops versions of Nacht der Untoten, Verrückt, and Shi No Numa, the Carpenter power up can be obtained, despite not being there in the Call of Duty: World at War versions.
- In the iPod/iPhone version, when the player receives a Carpenter power-up, all the boards are repaired seconds after getting it.
- Carpenter will never spawn until at least one door on the map is opened.
- In the DS maps, the Reconstruction bonus will repair the windows much faster and will give 10 points per each board repaired.