- For other uses, see Alcatraz.
- For the cut multiplayer map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, see Cellblock.
Cell Block is a location in Alcatraz Island and a playable map for the Grief game mode in Zombies of Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
The playable characters in Cell Block are the Alcatraz Guards and the Alcatraz Prisoners. Although the Hell's Retriever is unavailable in this map, feeding Cerberus enough zombies will make a Power-Up spawn and rise up from the large fiery pit underneath the floor.
The map features Brutus as the announcer of the mode.
- The checklist in the starting room shows all of the parts to Icarus are checked off, meaning the events of Mob of the Dead have already happened.
- According to the game files, there was a cut special item, which is Richtofen's Zombie Head. It would have functioned similarly to the meet in Green Run's grief.
- In the Japanese version, the announcer is Edward Richtofen instead of Brutus.
COD Black Ops II Zombies - Mob of the Dead Cell Block Gameplay