- "The safety of Morg City's citizens is my only priority."
- — Civil Protector
The Civil Protector is a utility in the Zombies map Shadows of Evil in Call of Duty: Black Ops III. It is involved in the achievement/trophy Beat CoP, which requires the player to summon the Civil Protector in every district in a single game. Completing the main easter egg Apocalypse Averted will upgrade the civil protector.
The Civil Protector is a robot bodyguard that is equipped with a KN-44. When summoned, the Civil Protector will help the player fight off zombies and Parasites within the district it was summoned at. It is capable of fighting every kind of enemy, even destroying the heads on a Margwa, but the player will not earn points from enemies killed by it. It can also revive downed players if one is in its vicinity. Also, it should be noted that players caught in the Civil Protector's crossfire can end up downed.
After several minutes, the Civil Protector will malfunction and collapse, but can be re-summoned immediately if the player chooses to do so. It can be activated at one of the many Call Boxes located in every district for 2000 points. The amount of points does not need to be paid immediately, and players can instead "Contribute to the Civil Protection Fund" by spending whatever amount of points they have, below 2000, at any machine. This will decrease the price for the next buy.
If the main easter egg Apocalypse Averted is done, the next Civil Protector that is activated will have certain upgrades. It's golden instead of silver, carries a Pack-a-Punched KN-44 instead of a normal one and will be capable of reviving players faster than the normal Civil Protector.
How to Activate
There are three fuses the player must find. Their locations are:
- The walkway in the Canal District, accessible by the door near the train station.
- The walkway in the Waterfront District, accessible by the door near the train station.
- The walkway in the Footlight District, accessible by the door near the train station.
Each of the fuses are locked behind doors that cost 1250 points. These doors are located near the perks of each district. After the fuses are found, go below Morg City and place the fuses in the fuse box, also called the Master Switch.
The player will now be able to activate the Civil Protector via the Emergency Response panels around the map. There are four panels around the map:
- In the middle area (Junction district), near the gobble gum machine and Chang's laundry.
- In the Canal district, in front of the Ruby Rabbit and the district's Apothicon statue over the bridge, near the Harsha hotel.
- In the Footlight District, near the district's Apothicon statue and the gate towards the Burlesque and the theater entrance.
- In the Waterfront district, near the Mystery box's spawn.
The players can call one Civil Protector at a time, when the Emergency Response panel is lighted in green.
- Beat CoP (25 /Bronze Trophy ) - In Shadows of Evil, summon the Civil Protector in every district in a single game.
- The Civil Protector design resembles that of the Giant Robot.
- The Emergency Response panels also carry the head of the Giant Robot.
- The Emergency Response panels carry the acronym MCPD, most likely standing for "Morg City Police Department".
- If the player knives the Civil Protector, blood will come out.
- Its badge number is 115, a reference to Element 115.
- One of the Civil Protector's quotes are "Citizens, you're in breach of city code 1-1-5", another reference to Element 115.
- Its deployment can instantly kill a Margwa.