- "Mankind must put an end to war - or war will put an end to mankind. (JFK, 1961)"
- — Mission Briefing
Classified is a Zombies map that is included with the Black Ops Pass for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The fourth map featured in the game and the twenty-eighth map overall, it is a reimagining of the map "Five", which was previously featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
The map features the "Ultimis" crew - the original versions of "Tank" Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, and Edward Richtofen - as the four playable characters, replacing John F. Kennedy, Robert McNamara, Richard Nixon, and Fidel Castro. The map's story follows them as they investigate The Pentagon after being teleported there from Shangri-La via overloading a teleporter with the 31-79 JGb215.
Being a reimagining of "Five", Classified's layout is mostly identical. However, like Blood of the Dead, the remake of Mob of the Dead, there are a few new rooms added to the map, including the Central Filing and Main Offices on the first floor, and the Server Room in the War Room. The Perk-a-Colas are replaced by the new perk system introduced in Black Ops 4. In addition to this, the steps taken to reach the Pack-a-Punch Machine have also changed. There are also several new Mystery Box locations as well, with the initial Mystery Box location being either in the Main Offices or on the upper level of the War Room.
The map also introduces two new buildables; the Riot Shield and the Teleporter Signal Amplifier, the latter being used to access the Pack-a-Punch Machine. With this modified teleporter, players are able to use the Pack-a-Punch Machine found in Groom Lake, the same place featured in the map Moon. The Electro-Shock Defenses return as well, although the locations for the parts needed to repair them are in different locations, with one spawning in the Server Room and the other spawning in the Porcine Research lab. The Winter's Howl also returns, and is obtainable from the Mystery Box and through completing the Project Skadi quest.
Unlike the original version, the Pentagon Thief is absent; he is instead replaced by the Hellhounds. Like the original map, the Crawler Zombies return, and can now spawn on other levels of the map instead of just the Laboratories. The Bonfire Sale power-up also returns, and can be acquired by opening up areas of Groom Lake, which is achieved by surviving in said area every few rounds without leaving or going down.
Story Based Easter Egg
Classified does not have a traditional map Easter Egg, rather having the outro cinematic being triggered upon reaching Round 150.
Musical Easter Eggs
- The song, Shockwave by Kevin Sherwood can be activated by interacting with three bottles of vodka hidden around the map.
- One bottle can be found in Central Filing, in the center of the room, placed on top of a set of filing cabinets.
- Another bottle is located in the War Room on the bottom floor, under one of the control panels.
- The other bottle is located in the Labs within the Porcine Research Lab, within a cabinet in the left most corner of the room.
- A jumpscare featuring an image of Primis Richtofen from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Black Ops III can be found by aiming at a light on a building in the left-hand side of Groom Lake with a sniper rifle.
Inside Hangar 4, post-Moon Ultimis are seen in a cell sitting together.
Ultimis Takeo: We do not understand... the Earth? We saw it destroyed! Yet here we are!
Ultimis Dempsey: It's more time-travel bullshit, Tak. Just hasn't happened yet. Speaking of BS...
Ultimis Dempsey gets up and walks over to the end of the cage before turning around and walking up to Ultimis Richtofen.
Ultimis Dempsey: How the hell did you get back in your body, Doc?
Ultimis Richtofen: (moves over on his seat and laughs) Does it matter, Dempsey?
Ultimis Dempsey then sits down between Ultimis Nikolai and Takeo, leaving Ultimis Richtofen on the other side of the cage.
Ultimis Nikolai: I'll tell you what matters, Americans still give Nikolai his vodka!
Ultimis Nikolai begins drinking his vodka when suddenly a portal forms in their cell. Primis steps through.
Primis Nikolai: Is that your plan, Nikolai? To give up, and drink yourself to oblivion? Or do you want to make a difference, for once in your life?
Ultimis Richtofen: (to Primis Richtofen) You?! Oh, scheiße.
Primis Nikolai: You four must come with us. In time, it will make sense. But now-
Groom Lake Alarm: Intruders on the base! Hangar 4!
Primis Nikolai: Now we must go. Quickly, there is a war to be fought.
Ultimis Dempsey turns to face Primis Nikolai.
Ultimis Dempsey: War? What kind of war?
Primis Nikolai: A war unlike any you have ever seen.
Primis and Ultimis are seen facing each other's respective counterpart.
Primis Nikolai: The Great War.
- Main article: Classified/Quotes
Reels, Punched Cards and Phones
- Main article: Classified/Reels, Punched Cards and Phone Messages
- Main article: Classified/Ciphers
- Main article: Classified/Documents
- Main article: Classified/Wisps
- It is revealed that Ultimis were able to survive the aftermath of Moon, having been teleported to Groom Lake in 1963, where they were soon captured and experimented on by the US Government in Hangar 4 in Groom Lake.
- A memo on one of the podiums in the spawn room states that there was an outbreak within the Pentagon on October 18th and that anyone who was infected is being kept in the labs for study. It also references the upcoming meeting between JFK and Fidel Castro.
- A formerly blacked out portrait of Primis Nikolai Belinski will appear in the Panic Room after knifing all crooked Presidential portraits in the Offices. This will cause the Ultimis Edward Richtofen portrait to fade to black.
- If the door to the room in the Main Offices containing Robert McNamara is interacted with enough times, Samantha will yell "He said, leave him ALONE!" and a total of forty Nova Crawlers will spawn.
- Unlike the original map, the windows within the laboratory will remain shut after the power is turned on, preventing players from jumping through them.
- The lightning going into the MPD on the loading screen of the map bears a striking resemblance to Ultimis Richtofen.
- The other three Ultimis crews' faces can also be seen underneath of Samantha's head.