|Previous level||Of Their Own Accord (in-game)|
The Gulag (chronologically)
|Next level||Second Sun (in-game)|
Of Their Own Accord (chronologically)
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
|Character||Gary "Roach" Sanderson|
|Team||Task Force 141|
|Place||14 miles SSE of Petropavlovsk, Russia.|
|Date||Day 5 (August 14th), 2016 - 11:22:34|
|Objective||Follow Captain Price.|
Keep enemies away from the submarine.
|Multiplayer map||Sub Base, Derail, Salvage|
|Special Ops||Sniper Fi, Evasion|
- "Help Captain Price reach the submarine."
- — Description
"Contingency" is the twelfth mission of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Gary "Roach" Sanderson (playable)
- John Price
- John "Soap" MacTavish (heard only)
- Simon "Ghost" Riley
- Shepherd (cutscene only)
After Captain Price is rescued from the Russian gulag, he carries out a plan to end the war in the United States. Task Force 141 must secure a route to a docked submarine at the Rybachiy naval base, which is near Petropavlovsk, Russia. Price finds Roach, and the two sneak past Ultranationalist patrols. Eventually, they run into a BTR-80, but manage to avoid it by running into a nearby forest. From there, they avoid more patrols and make their way to the nearby snow-covered town and regroup with the rest of the force, where they encounter more Ultranationalists.
The task force soon strikes the naval base. Intense fighting occurs, and the force races to the submarine before it submerged, which would dash Price's plan to stop the war in the United States.
Price heads to the submarine, while Roach and Ghost defend the area from approaching enemies. Ghost, unaware of Price's plans, warns Price that the sub's missile silo doors are opening, but he is shocked to learn that this was Price's doing. Price launches an SLBM into the upper atmosphere where it detonates, creating an EMP which disables electronic devices all across the eastern United States.
The EMP succeeds in pacifying some of the most intense fighting around Washington D.C and ensures the survival of Sergeant Foley and his men from the 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment in Washington D.C. The shock wave from the EMP also destroys the International Space Station.
|Found in level|
These weapons can be found with and without attachments.
- Intel No. 31: (1/3 Intel) After out running the BTR, head North near 3 men patrols and West of the oil pipe, under the parachute.
- Intel No. 32: (2/3 Intel) At submarine base, enter building marked "33" at west corner, then immediately turn south.
- Intel No. 33: (3/3 Intel) Take stairs up to helipad at North-West corner. Intel is located at the North-West corner of the helipad.
- Main article: Contingency (mission)/Transcript
- Desperate Times (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Obtained by completing "Contingency" on any difficulty.
- Ends Justify the Means (25 / Silver Trophy ) - Obtained by completing "Contingency" on Veteran.
- Main article: Contingency (mission)/Trivia