- "Deploy to the Gobi desert where the ravaged ruins of a nuclear fusion plant set the stage for a high-octane warzone. Take down enemies through the wreckage in long-range combat or get up-close and personal in the tunnels surrounding the central turbine. Activate decontamination drones using the map-based scorestreak to help clean out the competition."
- — Gamestop Description
Core is a multiplayer map featured in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, that was released with the Havoc downloadable content pack. Players will be fighting around a destroyed nuclear fusion facility in the Gobi Desert. Core also appears in Exo Survival.
This is one of the largest maps featured in the Havoc DLC. Sniper Rifles and Assault Rifles are perfectly suited for this map due to it's long lines of sight. Giant machinery and engines move on the center of the map, but aren't interactive features. It's a very flat, free lane, long point map. It has tight alleyways and corners that allow players to sneak around enemies. It features a lot of choke points and has little verticality in terms of jump spots. Tunnels and alternative pathways serve as hiding spots, flanking areas and heavy engagements. The center is dangerously chaotic, players have to be aware due to it's circular format that enemies will take advantage to either sneak around or ambush
- The Decontamination Drone is the map based scoretreak that can be obtained through orbital package. Once obtained, it will attack the closest enemy player it locates.
- Animal skeletons can be seen around the map.
- There is a giant magnet behind Atlas' spawn which has "SHG" written on parts of it in small text, and can only be seen in Spectator mode. It is referencing Sledgehammer Games.
- In Spectator mode, when going into the purple water in the map, the game treats it as if the player was actually swimming in the water and as if the player isn't in spectator mode, as a swimming animation is used when going into this water.
- Multiple small robots which appear to be repairing the facility can be seen all around the map.