- "Open launch pad. Hugh sight lines and dangerous maneuvering."
- — In-game description
Countdown is a large multiplayer map featured in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The map is loosely based off the campaign level All In. The map was added to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered on December 13th, 2016.
Countdown is a map set on a missile launch site. There are several hangars situated on the outskirts of the map, which serve as main spawn points. There are also many vehicles as well as blast shields and concrete barriers which offer cover in the what would be rather open map. There are also a few uncovered silos, which will kill players who fall in.
Many players tend to climb onto silo covers, missiles, and trucks as they provide advantageous vantage points. Though they are often quickly taken out after a few kills because their field of view is very wide.
Old School Mode Edit
Countdown appears in Old School Mode as a supported map. It features a total of 10 sprites.
- M4A1 w/ Silencer - Found in the south-westernmost corner of the map, in front of the inaccessible building.
- M60E4 w/ Red Dot Sight - Found inside the south-eastern hangar.
- Frag Grenade
- Found in the south-easternmost corner of the map next to a missile launcher.
- Found outside the north-westernmost hangar, near the W1200 and P90.
- Dragunov - Found at the eastern part of the map, next to the center missile vent.
- RPG-7 - Found in the middle of the map, between the two center missile silos, encased in concrete barriers.
- Juggernaut - Found in the western area of the map, next to the shipping containers and the destroyed MG jeep.
- W1200 w/ Grip - Found behind the crashed Mi-24 Hind towards the north-westernmost corner of the map, near the Frag Grenade.
- P90 w/ ACOG Scope - Found inside the north-eastern hangar, near the Frag Grenade.
- Sleight of Hand - Found in the north-eastern corner of the map, in front of a fuel tanker.
- The over turned Gas Truck in front of Hangar 1 has the license plate of "RETARD", spelled with a backwards 'R', 3, T, 4, another Backwards 'R', and a D.
- On the edge of the map, there are two containers and one trailer. They all have letters on them, one container says Inf Nty Wrd, which is Infinity Ward, another has Call of Duty, and the trailer says MW CoD, which is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- By the far left vent there is a tree floating outside the map.
- The Airstrike jets will fly through the mountains outside of the map.