- "Get a kill, get cranked and get faster movement, reload and ADS. Rack up your next kill within :30 seconds or you'll explode!
Tick... tick... tick - BOOM!
Kills give you extra Abilities, 2x scoring, and 30 seconds to live. Chain kills to stay alive!"
- — Description
- "Once you get a kill, keep killing to stay Cranked."
- — Merrick announcing for the Ghosts in Cranked.
Cranked, also known as PCP as an April Fool's day joke, is a game mode in Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The gametype is similar to Team Deathmatch with two teams competing to earn kills. Whenever a player gets a kill, they earn a "Cranked" bonus, giving them faster movement speed, reload, and ADS. Upon getting the bonus, the player is given a 30 second timer. After each kill or assist the player earns, the timer will reset. If the player fails to get a kill or assist within the time limit, they will explode and die.
Debuting in Ghosts as a permanent gametype, it returned in later games as a limited-time mode appearing on and off on rotation over time.
When a player becomes "Cranked," players receive the effects of Ready Up, Sleight of Hand, Agility, Marathon, Stalker, Reflex, and Quickdraw in Call of Duty: Ghosts. This frees up a lot of Perk choices when developing a Specialist strategy, but the effects do not stack if you already have that perk enabled. Having any of the above listed perks in your setup only changes the fact that you have it when you are not cranked, and is pointless to keep in your specialist package, as you are already cranked when you get it.
The first kill a player gets upon spawning or respawning will add one point to the team's score. Each "Cranked" kill or each kill the player gets with the timer will add two points to the team score. The first team to reach 100 points wins the game.
- Cranked explosions cannot damage other players.
- This gamemode may be a reference to the movie "Crank," in which a man has been injected with a poison that will kill him if he doesn't keep his heart rate up.