- "Get Cranked! Kill a Zombie to start your Cranked Timer and keep it ticking with each Zombie elimination. Fail to get a kill before the timer expires and BOOM - you're dead. Timer duration decreases as the rounds progress."
- — Intel
Cranked is a limited time gamemode for the Zombies mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, added as part of the Season One Reloaded update and was removed alongside the Season Two update. It was re-added alongside the 80s Action Heroes event during Season Three Reloaded as Cranked 2: No Time to Crank. Functioning similar to the Multiplayer game mode under the game name, Cranked within Zombies has the players continue to fill their "Cranked Timer" by chaining zombie kills together in a frantic survival while the allotted time between kills becomes lessened as the rounds become higher.
Zombies are more likely to be in a running state earlier on. Zombies will spawn at a much faster rate. Not all Zombies on the map are required to be killed for the round to tick over. The inclusion of the new mode exclusive Power-Up called "Timers Frozen" which will freeze the Cranked Timer for 10 seconds. Standard Zombies will have a much higher chance of dropping ammo boxes.
Cranked only had the option for Die Maschine as a map selection and would allow for the selection of a entirely custom loadout to be brought in.
Cranked 2: No Time to Crank
Cranked 2: No Time to Crank has the option to start on either Die Maschine or Firebase Z and will start the players with a Knife, regardless of whichever loadout is chosen. Within Cranked 2: No Time to Crank, the Mystery Box has a higher chance to roll Scorestreaks along with a curated list of weaponry.
- Most Easter Egg and Main Quest triggers are entirely disabled, only ones that are required to unlock sections of the map are enabled.
- Frenzied Guard's Tier 5 affect becomes negated.
- Power is restored without requiring the reactivation of the Particle Accelerator.
- Pack-a-Punch Machine is automatically placed in map, negating the required repair.
- Megatons will have their drops be similar to what they are in Outbreak.
- Aether Reactors are still required to unlock parts of the map and to power the Pack-a-Punch Machine, but not all Perk-a-Cola machines.
- Dimensional Assault Waves never occur.