|The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of a Call of Duty game.|
During development of Call of Duty games many things are cut during the process of development. These changes can range from weapons and characters to entire campaign missions and features.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- The Bren was cut as only a Create-A-Class image, pickup icon, animations and uncompiled weapon files remain in the Mod Tools. The animations appears to be similar to those of Call of Duty 2
- The Lee-Enfield was originally set to appear in the game however, it was cut. Only the Create-a-Class image, pickup icon, animations and weapon files remained in the Mod Tools. The animations appears to be similar to those of Call of Duty 2
- The Sten only has a Create-a-Class image, pickup icon, animations and uncompiled weapon file remained in the Mod Tools.
- The PPS-43 was originally slated to be in the game but was dropped. The only things remained are a Create-a-Class image and animations and unlike the other cut weapons, it lacks a HUD icon, which suggests that it was dropped in an early stage of development. The animations are the same as those of Call of Duty 2.
- A create a class icon, PMD-6 x2 perk icon, and a HUD icon, and weapon files for the PMD-6 can be found in the files.
- Potatoes were cut from the final version of the game.
- The Grease Gun were cut very early in the games, since the only trace of it are accuracy files for AI character.
- The Luger has remaining animations files. Like the PPS-43, these animations are the same as those of Call of Duty 2.
Attachments[edit | edit source]
- Select Fire has a placeholder create a class icon. Some weapon have animations for the Select Fire, notably the BAR and the Stg44. Some other weapon like Thompson have also animations files but there are empty.
- There is an unused create a class icon for an attachment called "Compensator".
Cut Game Modes[edit | edit source]
Perks[edit | edit source]
- A vehicle perk called Magic Wrench was cut. It has a perk icon and its console codename is "magic_wrench".
- The squad perk Commanding Squad Leader was cut with only a perk icon and the console codename "squad_2" remains.
- A cut perk-a-cola called Amm-O-Matic due to making ammunition easier to obtain. Only a texture sheet and unused quotes remain.
Multiplayer killstreaks[edit | edit source]
Originally there were intended to be a total of four killstreaks as opposed to three. The fourth killstreak would have been the largest, and would have been achieved after gaining dogs. The amount of kills required to obtain the fourth killstreak remains unknown.
- B-17 Flying Fortress . For the U.S. Marine Raiders, the B-17 would have been the fourth kill streak able to be obtained.
- Katyusha Rocket Launcher. For the Red Army, vehicle-based Katyusha Rockets (visible in many missions) would have been obtainable.
- Kamikaze. Kamikazes would have been obtainable as the fourth killstreak for the Japanese.
- Carpet Bomber. For the Germans, the fourth killstreak would have been bombers, perhaps Fw 200 Condors (as seen in the pilot mission of the Russian campaign).
Cut Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Fallschirmjäger models remain in the mod tools. It was intended to appear in the Holland missions.
- Volkssturm head and models remain in the mod tools. It was intended to appear in the lasts missions of Call of Duty: World at War.
Levels[edit | edit source]
Cut Levels[edit | edit source]
- Fly originally known has oki1.
- At least three confirmed British missions taking place in Holland.
- Three levels in Rhineland
- Two Level in Berlin
Final Levels[edit | edit source]
- Semper Fi
- According to several sound files of the mission, there was supposed to be another POW who would have been rescued with Miller.
- In the Wii instruction booklet, the player can see a screenshot from the pause menu, and the objective is to secure the village.
- Originally, there was radar and plane parts health indicators.
Zombies[edit | edit source]
- Kino der Toten
- Call of the Dead
Cut Zombie Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Hellhounds were originally supposed to appear in Verruckt.
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- M8 Greyhound, has model leftover in Mod Tools. His name, vehicle_usa_wheeled_m8_mp, hint that it was intended for the cut Tank War multiplayer mode.
- Nashorn, referenced in the script from the second cut mission set in Rhineland.
- Sd. Kfz. 222, four models remain for it, including a multiplayer variant, one with woodland camouflage, and a winterized version.
- Type 1 Ho-Ki, his is model leftover in Mod Tools. His name, vehicle_jap_tracked_type1ho-ki_mp, hint that it was intended for the cut Tank War multiplayer mode.
- A cut version of a Type 97 intended for multiplayer.
- A cut version of a Sherman intended for multiplayer.
- The Sherman, Panther and Horch 1a have also unused winter camouflage.
Leftover From Previous Call of Duty[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: World at War possessed a lot of leftover from previous Call of Duty. Somes of them are script and .vision files from Call of Duty 4, but the majority came from Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3. Somes of them are even used in the final games.
Not used[edit | edit source]
- Somes AI cover animations from Call of Duty 2 appear in the Mod Tools, and are also loaded in the game memory, despite being replaced by the cover animation from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- The static models of the BMW R75 and the Harley from Call of Duty 3 are present in the mood tools.
- A destroyed models of a Sherman which can be seen in the first level of Call of Duty 3 remaing in the Mod tools.
- All Normandy model of the Kübelwagen from Call of Duty 2 are present in the mod tools.
- Call of Duty 2's Sd. Kfz. 251 winter and rockets version are present in the mod tools.
Used[edit | edit source]
- The Horch 1a is the same models as the one from Call of Duty 3.
- The Panzer IV models came from Call of Duty 3 with a new texture.
- Some weapons are ported from Call of Duty 3 with a darker texture, like the BAR, and M1 Garand. Some other weapon re-use sound from Call of Duty 3, notably the Thompson (weapon).
- The Willys Jeep used the exact same model and texture from Call of Duty 3.
- Call of Duty 2's Sd. Kfz. 251 appear in "Vendetta" and "Their Land, Their Blood"