Players can use the Data Vault to edit and create Emblems, change their Calling Cards, view a gallery of images, play cutscene videos, listen to music tracks, access the web browser, and play Dead Ops Arcade 2: Cyber's Avengening. There is also a menu in which cheat codes can be implemented to unlock or change several assets of the game.
While browsing the Codex and the fictional Wiki named "Omnipedia", the player can find many pages, including:
- Project Prometheus: Information on Taylor's Team and DNI insertion.
- Messages from Sebastian Krueger, named "Krueger CIA Dossier" (When completing the campaign), which also includes many messages from the Black ops Terminal.
- Information on the Corvus Project (When progressing through the campaign).
- Messages from "TheUnmarkedMan", "Jaxiplanet", and "Thread Count".
- Information on Collectibles. Note that some pages can only be accessed through the collectibles' pages.
- (Fictional) News articles and blogs.
- Information on Black ops III weapons, vehicles and robotics.
- Wiki pages about history, both real and fictional.
- And many more...
- In the "Weapons" section of the codex, the statistics uses the magazine size the weapons had in the beta, rather than the magazine size in the full release.