- "Ah, Der Wunderfizz machine! Ancient mysticism harnessed by our technology, which provides a means to aid our survival."
- — Edward Richtofen
Der Wunderfizz is a Perk-a-Cola machine featured in the maps Origins, Der Eisendrache, Gorod Krovi, Revelations, Die Maschine, Firebase Z, Outbreak, Mauer der Toten and Forsaken, the remastered versions of Nacht der Untoten, Verrückt, Shi No Numa, Kino der Toten and Ascension. It gives the player a random Perk-a-Cola for 1500 points and works much like the Mystery Box, only allowing so many uses before a teddy bear appears and relocates it to a different area. While the Mystery Box uses a blue light to show its location, Der Wunderfizz is continuously being struck by a bolt of lightning allowing players to see its location. The machine can be used to obtain more than four perks, but only through use of the extra perk slot power up. The icon for this machine is a question mark.
It should be noted that perks that are not obtainable from their direct machines have a higher chance of being obtained in this fashion (Electric Cherry, Deadshot Daiquiri and PhD Flopper in Black Ops II), with the exception of Mule Kick (Which is a machine on both maps, has a higher chance of being obtained) and Widow's Wine (Although very rare on Der Eisendrache, it is possible to obtain it.)
It functions much differently in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, where it allows the player to select which perks they would like to purchase from the machine in rapid succession, as well as sporting a different look, stylized to showcase the new selection mechanic with the machine itself having destroyed pieces of the Aether Story Speed Cola, Juggernog, and Quick Revive with the original Der Wunderfizz acting as a chassis for the machine itself.
- 1 Locations
- 2 Obtainable Perks
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
- Starting room/Generator 1
- Generator 2
- Speed Cola/Generator 3
- Juggernog/Generator 4
- Stamin-up/Generator 5
- Generator 6
- In the supply room, next to the Vesper wall buy.
- Inside Richtofen's room.
- Below the clocktower, next to a landing pad.
- In the Silo, in adjacent from the Wundersphere.
- In the top left corner of the control room when coming in from the Upper Courtyard.
- Beside the damaged wall that leads to the Supply Depot room.
- In the Dragon Command Center, in the right room after walking up the stairs, near the Bowie Knife.
- In the third floor of the Department Store.
- To the right of the lower door leading into Kino der Toten from Der Eisendrache.
- In the hallway leading from the test tubes to the Jump Pad to Mob of the Dead in Verrückt.
- In the trenches leading to Origins from the spawn room.
- Atop the mound in Origins, across from a Mystery Box location.
Nacht der Untoten
- Upstairs, next to the stairs that lead to the 'Help' room.
- Left Upstairs, across from a Mystery Box location by the Power Room.
Shi No Numa
- At the right when entering Storage.
Kino der Toten
- At the stage, by the Gobblegum machine and the Mystery Box location.
- On the 'Penthouse' level of the Omega Group temporary bunker, within the Dark Aether; transects into the standard map 10 rounds after the power is turned on.
- In the Village Mess Hall, to the left of the Pack-a-Punch Machine.
- Alpine - In the cafe of the Chalet.
- Armada - On the stern of the Gun Boat.
- Collateral - In Security, to the right of the north door.
- Duga -
- Golova -
- Ruka - Outside the Base Headquarters, below the northwest stairs leading up to the balcony.
- Sanatorium -
- Zoo -
- Available at a Beacon site once the player has completed the region's objective and the anomaly has been interacted with.
Mauer der Toten
- In the Department Store, adjacent to the West Berlin Street zipline.
- In the Office once the lockdown protocol has been deactivated in the Observation Tower.
- Spawned by the Aetherium Neutralizer at the very end of Main Street before the final battle against The Forsaken.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Like the Mystery Box, when the teddy bear is obtained, the Der Wunderfizz will move to a different location. The player will also have their points refunded.
- When approaching an empty Wunderfizz machine, a text pop-up will appear that says "Wunderfizz Orb is available at a different location".
- In Origins, it is possible to obtain all nine perks from the Wunderfizz machine by digging up orange glowing dig sites with the Golden Shovel while in Zombie Blood. The player will receive an empty perk bottle power up and will be available to get another perk from the Wunderfizz machine.
- In solo, Der Wunderfizz can give the player Quick Revive, even if they have already used their three revives.
- Note, however, that this is extremely rare, and counting on it is not a smart idea.
- It should also be noted that getting Quick Revive in this fashion counts as being used, causing the player to only have one less revive from the machine assuming they had any uses left.
- The Teddy Bear for Der Wunderfizz appears as a light blue bottle with the teddy bear on the label.
- In the remastered maps except Origins, Der Wunderfizz will only give players perks that are not from the map, if the player aquires all of the perks from the Der Wunderfizz, it will not be interacted with.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, the Wunderfizz machine will play jingles from the various perks available in it.
- Furthermore, alongside the addition of new Perk-a-Colas, the design at the front of the machine would be updated to have the newest Perk at the forefront.
- In the map Der Riese, there is a board containing images of a device with a similar appearance to the Wunderfizz machine.