- "Battle on top of and through the belly of this ambushed future bridge."
- — Map description
The map has a series of destroyed cars which could be used as cover. In the middle of the map, there is a hole in the road which will kill the player if they fall through. There are three routes from one end of the map to the other. The road is one, and the other two are pipes on the sides of the map; however, players can fall off and die.
- The Brooklyn Bridge can be seen in the distance.
- The new 'World Trade Center' can also be seen completed.
- In the Vengeance DLC trailer, Detour has a multitude of things that were not present in the final release.
- The city within the Skybox is more brightly lit.
- Within the underground area, the security truck was originally four police cruisers.
- The two toll booth ahead signs were not present in the trailer.
- There is flaming smoke by the security truck.
- The bridge design was different.
- The limo and the SureShip van were explodable.
- There were multiple police bikes scattered around the map.
- The police cars at the end of the map were originally un damaged.
- This can also be seen in the loading screen picture.
- Detour shares the same ambient bridge noise with Mob of the Dead on the Golden Gate Bridge.