- "So Director's Cut content as we mentioned is gonna give you all that remixed stuff, it's gonna give you a bunch of new capabilities, but, it's also gonna further our story."
- — Lee Ross on Director's Cut
Once the player has completed all five easter eggs, they will be awarded with Director's Cut upon inserting all five Soul Keys into the Soul Jar inside the projector room upon completing The End?, which as described by Lee Ross, is a whole new way to experience the Zombies mode. Upon starting a match with Director's Cut on, the player will be given several special rewards, such as all of the Candy Perks permanently in the respective map being given to the player and various other things. It also changes the map's respective easter egg slightly, and each time the player re-completes a map's easter egg on Director's Cut, they will be rewarded with a special calling card upon picking up a piece of the Talisman, which appears once the map's respective Soul Key has been picked up.
The player can toggle Director's Cut on or off in the lobby menu once available if they so choose to.
- All Candy Perks permanently at the start of each game.
- 25,000 points are immediately given to the player at the start.
- All weapons in the Magic Wheel are already first-time Pack-a-Punched.
- The map's respective wonder weapons can be found inside the Magic Wheel and is also immediately upgraded once.
- The Alien Fuses are automatically installed into the Pack-a-Punch Machine for the player on all maps, allowing weapons to Pack-a-Punch'd a second time.
- A larger XP bonus is awarded to the player when they complete an easter egg in Director's Cut.
- Talisman Masks spawn upon picking up a Soul Key piece in Director's Cut, which once picked up with award the player a special calling card for the map a the Talisman Mask has been acquired in.
- This will also contribute to the true final battle against Mephistopheles in the Director's Cut version of The End? once all of the Talisman Masks have been aqcuired.
- A special animated calling card of Mephistopheles titled "Demon Slayer" and a camouflage titled "Director's Cut" is awarded to the player upon completing all of the easter eggs in Director's Cut.
- Willard Wyler can be played in Zombies in Spaceland once the player has completed all of the easter eggs in Director's Cut and has defeat Mephistopheles by inserting the code Left, Left, Down, Up, Up, Right with the D-Pad.
- Special Talisman Masks will spawn in a certain location on each map, but only appear on Round 1. Shooting it before the end of the round will grant the player three songs per map for the player's lobby music selector.