- "Large urban town with a market in the middle. Great for team games."
- — In-game description
District is a medium-large sized map with several different passageways, containing a marketplace where close quarters fighting is prevalent, and is often viewed as the center of the map. The marketplace also has a small well that causes instant death to anyone who jumps/falls in. Outside of the marketplace is a network of streets that intersect and surround the market, which contain the map's medium range fighting, with many cars to use as cover and flanking routes through buildings. The map lacks numerous sniping positions, but can still support snipers along the streets. This map has a mixture of close quarter battles to long range battles, therefore it is advised to have a variety of weapons, though assault rifles work best.
Old School Mode Edit
District appears in Old School Mode as a supported map. It features a total of 12 sprites.
- Barrett .50cal w/ ACOG Scope - Found in the south-easternmost building, near Last Stand.
- Last Stand - Found on the steps at the southern tip of the map, near the Barrett .50cal and M14.
- M14 w/ M203 - Found on the western side of the southern road, near Last Stand and the Frag Grenade.
- Frag Grenade
- Found under the canopy of the building at the western side of the southern road, near the M14.
- Found in the accessible building south of the gas station towards the eastern side of the map.
- Found inside the cafe building west of the well, near Martyrdom and the M4A1.
- Stopping Power - Found in the market at the center of the map.
- W1200 w/ Red Dot Sight - Found on the eastern terrace of the market, near Stopping Power.
- USP .45 w/ Silencer - Found at the small alley intersection south of the well, near the market, south-east of the cafe.
- M4A1 w/ M203 - Found behind the cafe at the northern tip of the western road, near the Frag Grenade.
- Martyrdom - Found near the well at the northern end of the map, near the Frag Grenade and USP .45.
- MP5 w/ Red Dot Sight - Found at the northern tip of the map, west of the gas station.
- There was originally a night version of this map, but was cut during development for unknown reasons.
- During development, this map was called 'Gridlock', but was renamed to District before release.