Downfall is one of the largest, if not the largest multiplayer map in Call of Duty: World at War.
It takes place at the Reichstag, the place of the final battle for Berlin, so therefore has the Eastern Front setting. It has the outdoor "ruined city" setting, similar to Upheaval's. It has a few high up sniping positions, but mostly in the level it is hard to find an effective sniping position. This level also has four tanks in it: two T-34s and two Panzer 4s.
- If in spectator mode, players can hear German propaganda after going towards the center of the map, then west towards the small building.
- This map is not available on the Wii version of the game.
- This map was created by Certain Affinity, though all creative and art directive came from Treyarch.
- The map is set in front of the Reichstag like in "Heart of the Reich" though the buildings and other surroundings are very different.
- German propaganda can be heard in this level. Translated, it says "Once again it has proven itself that nobody and nothing can stop our army. The enemy wants to make us believe something different but leave it, unheard and unnoticed. Our brave soldiers hold every position and don't leave from the spot. At least we will have triumph."
- The script for a canceled map, "Crossing", can be found in Mod Tools. It uses Downfall's art, effects and minimap files.
- Interestingly, Dome can be seen from this map, but not vice versa. On Dome, the ground is just black and brown.