- "Semi-automatic directed energy. No ammunition but can overheat. Best in class range."
- — In-game description
The EPM3 is a semi-automatic rifle that uses a miniature fusion reactor to generate and fire hardened bolts of condensed energy at range; under prolonged fire, the reactor overheats and automatically retracts to vent, before being pushed back in and regulated. Not having a traditional trigger, the EPM3 has a side-mounted pistol grip that allows the weapon to be carried and fired.
The EPM3 is a medium damage semi automatic weapon. It requires three shots to kill at close range, regardless of shot placement, and drops off to four at long range. It has strong recoil, even with the foregrip and the flash from each shot is liable to put the shooter off, making quick follow up shots difficult. This problem is especially strong with the basic pre-mounted sights, but even with attachment sights the flash is still rather blinding. With a quick trigger finger, the weapon can achieve an incredible rate of fire due to it not having a firecap, but it will then overheat after no more than nine shots. The Heat Sink can help this, doubling the amount of shots needed to make the weapon overheat.
- Red Dot Sight
- Hybrid Sight
- Auto Focus Sight
- Target Enhancer
- ACOG Scope
- Parabolic Microphone
- Quickdraw Grip
- Heat Sink
Supply Drop Variants
- Parsec [Elite] (Range +3, can't use certain attachments)
- Bona Fide [Elite] (Accuracy +3, Damage -2, Fire Rate -1)
- Panorama [Professional] (Integrated Heat Sink, Range +1, Accuracy -1)
- Legit [Professional] (Accuracy +1, Range +1, Damage -2)
- Longitude [Professional] (Integrated ACOG Scope, Range +1, Fire Rate -1)
- Anodized [Enlisted] (Accuracy +1, Fire Rate -1)
- Interval [Enlisted] (Range +1, Damage -1)
- Magnified [Enlisted] (Range +1, Handling -1)
- M-Coil [Enlisted] (Accuracy +1, Damage -1)
- Exterminator [Marksman (300 kills)] (Damage +2, Fire Rate -2)
- The Create-A-Class image for the EPM3 actually depicts the Magnified variant of the EPM3, with a shroud over the barrel. The default EPM3 does not have this shroud.