Electric Cherry costs 2000 points to purchase and creates an electric shockwave around the player whenever they reload, or entering the Afterlife after being downed by a zombie. The color for this perk is blue (although the color of the drink is cherry red) and the icon is a red cherry with a lightning bolt.
Contrary to popular belief, the radius of the electric shockwave does not increase cumulatively every time the player reloads; instead the radius of the shockwave is determined by how many rounds the player has in their magazine. Example, expending the whole magazine will give the maximum shockwave radius and expending only one round among a large magazine will have very minor effects. It is worth noting that since the Blundergat and its upgraded variants (Acid Gat, Vitriolic Withering) only fire one shot or burst at a time, it will always produce a shockwave of maximum effect when using Electric Cherry, making the Perk-a-Cola valuable to have.
It is located on the top level of the Cell Block, directly above Cerberus' head drawing near the B23R in front of a crafting table. In Origins, it is not physically present in the map. It can only be obtained from the Der Wunderfizz machine.
Even on higher rounds, where the damage of the shock is negligible, the perk can be a life saver, as it stuns zombies for a couple of seconds.
The Electric Cherry machine is very old and rusted, with no paint job unlike other Perk-A-Cola machines. It is shaped similar to the Quick Revive machine. It has spikes on the sides of the machine, and electric rods on the sides of the perk logo. There is a compartment up the machine filled with Electric Cherry bottles, a Zombie head and hand. The front of the machine has a coin machine and writing which states "5¢", which is unusual as most other machines cost 10¢.
- A Burst of Flavor (15/Bronze Trophy ) - In Mob of the Dead, kill 10 zombies at once with a new beverage.
- The name of the perk is a play on the words "Electric Chair".
- Looking inside of the machine, there is a little glass compartment with a zombie head and hand surrounded by many bottles of Electric Cherry.
- It is currently the only Perk-a-Cola that is labeled to be worth five cents, while all of the other vending machines display their price as ten cents.
- When entering the Afterlife, the player can still earn points from any zombie the shockwave kills.
- Electric Cherry is currently the only Perk-a-Cola machine in Mob of the Dead to not flash on and off like the other Perk-a-Cola machines in the map, although the extremely distorted voice can still be heard. This means it may be the only Perk-a-Cola machine that actually exists in Mob of the Dead, as opposed to the others that exist in a limbo state.
- A Grim Reaper blood stain can be seen on the machine.
- If a player constantly reloads within a short period of time, Electric Cherry will not work for a few seconds.
- When a player reloads and cancels it, reloading again will not cause a shockwave.
- There is no jingle for Electric Cherry but an extremely distorted voice can be heard near it.
- This is shared with the other Perk-a-Colas, except in the other maps, they have jingles.
- When Electric Cherry is bought, it is possible to hear a phasing variant of its jingle. Since the perk's full jingle has never been heard before (and indeed doesn't have one), it is unknown what the phasing variant resembles.
- This is the first and only Black Ops II Perk-a-Cola to be featured in two main Zombies experiences, the first of which is the experience Mob of the Dead and also as a random perk from the Der Wunderfizz on the Zombies experience Origins.
- In Origins the HUD icon for Electric Cherry is slightly darker.