- "Gives 30% max stock Explosive ammo to all weapons."
- — Description
Explosive Ammo is an Ammo Type in Call of Duty: Ghosts in Extinction mode and in Call of Duty: Vanguard. It costs $1250 to deploy. It is one of the most powerful ammo types, as it causes a lot of splash damage. It can be found in Chaos Mode, and once obtained, it will continue to affect all weapons, including ones that are picked-up later on.
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Explosive Ammo is among the least popular ammo types in Extinction. Explosive Ammo is the only specialized ammo type that doesn't have an Armory upgrade of any kind, and as such, players are heavily discouraged from using it. For this reason, it's often a bad idea to use Explosive Ammo when playing with others unless everyone agrees to use it so as to not have clashing ammo types. Being on the same page with ammo types is very important when playing with others, since picking up ammo of a specialized type different than what the player has in their guns will eliminate that old specialized ammo, which can result in players seeing a heavy decrease in reserve ammunition. Many aren't willing to use Explosive Ammo over ammo types like Incendiary Ammo or Armor Piercing Ammo, so Explosive Ammo is best left for solo play if one desires.
- Gives 30% max stock Explosive ammo to all weapons.
- +1 (Cost: 1): Gives 40% max stock Explosive ammo to all weapons.
- +2 (Cost: 1): Gives 50% max stock Explosive ammo to all weapons.
- +3 (Cost: 1): Gives 60% max stock Explosive ammo to all weapons.
- +4 (Cost: 1): Gives 70% max stock Explosive ammo to all weapons.
Call of Duty: Vanguard
- "Explosive bullets make observing impact locations easier. They also absolutely destroy any soft target they manage to hit."
- — Description
Concussive Ammo is an ammunition type available exclusively for the Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle in Call of Duty: Vanguard. It adds an explosive round that deal damage to nearby enemies, but at a cost of the bullet velocity and bullet penetration. It also can destroy walls and windows.