Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2[edit | edit source]
It is a reward for achieving 250 headshots and completing the "Expert VI" challenges for a specific weapon in the multiplayer mode. It is, therefore, the hardest camouflage to obtain. It consists of black, orange, brown, yellow, and sometimes purple combined to create a pattern similar to foliage during the autumn season; the pattern is reminiscent of civilian orange hunting camouflage.
Many players take this as Modern Warfare 2's edition of Golden Camouflage from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. This camouflage is only available on weapons in multiplayer mode. Also, titles and emblems can be unlocked by earning Fall camouflage. Upon reaching level 70, a title is obtained that says Commander with the same fall background that is found on the camouflage.
This camouflage is not very useful in terms of actual camouflage, with the exception of a few maps, such as Estate. Instead, it's mainly used as a sign of skill or expertise online. However, it's sometimes gained by boosting for headshots.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Foreign language editions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 have multiple mistranslations, including the following:
- In the German version it is also titled Fall, which is equivalent to the English noun "fall" in the sense of a descent or a drop, whereas the German name for the season is Herbst.
- In the Polish version it is also titled as Upadek which means "to fall".
- In the French version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, its name is mistranslated as Printemps which means "spring".
- Fall camouflage was often boosted for in third person Cage Match due to the large amount of headshots required.
- On the SCAR-H, M21 EBR, and on the FAMAS the camouflage has a unique effect: it adds purple to the camouflage. This is best visible under the iron sights of the SCAR-H.
- The Vector has its own unique fall camouflage, which is darker than the usual camouflage and is also adds blur-like effect between the colors.
Gallery[edit | edit source]