- 1 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 2 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- 4 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- 5 Trivia
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
In the campaign, Fast Mag decreases the reload time for every weapon, making it very useful with light machine guns, Launchers and Special Weapons since they do not have the Fast Mag attachment available. Both the Fast Mag perk and attachment are available in the campaign, effectively reducing the reload time by 75% if both are equipped.
It replaces the Sleight of Hand perk from previous Call of Duty games by decreasing the time it takes to reload the weapon. It acts in a similar manner to the Dual Mags attachment except that every reload is fast instead of every other reload and does not give extra reserve ammo. It is excluded as an attachment for Light Machine Guns.
For most weapons, it utilizes the same method as Dual Mags, taping two magazines together. However, the even reloads are also sped up. For weapons that do not have magazines that can be taped, the reload is simply faster, and in some cases may play a slightly different animation. For an example, a PDW-57 or M1216 magazine will be allowed to drop free via gravity instead of being removed by hand. The MP7's empty reload animation will use the bolt release catch to chamber a round.
For pump-action shotguns, it reloads two shells at a time, instead of one. For the Executioner, it reloads all five shells at the same time through a Speed Reloader. Underbarrel Grenade Launchers also receive a faster reload when using this attachment on the involved assault rifles.
|All compatible assault rifles
|Dual Mags||The cocking animations for the SCAR-H, Galil, FAL and S12 are altered.|
|All sniper rifles
|Sped up reloading animations||The MP7 and the Vector K10 are cocked differently (the bolt catch is used).|
|Altered reloading animations||The PDW-57 is also cocked differently (the bolt catch is used).|
|Remington 870 MCS
|Two shells reloaded at a time|
Fast Mag appears on the Pack-a-Punched Python (Cobra) and Type 25 (Strain 25) on the first attempt, and is also available on the SCAR-H (Agarthan Reaper) in one of the Pack-a-Punch Machine upgrades. The attachment works the same as its counterparts in campaign and multiplayer. Combined with Speed Cola, this pairing will serve the player well, as down time will be significantly decreased, allowing the player to keep up fire against zombies.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Fast Mags are available as an attachment, speeding up every reload time. The reload method varies by weapon; some weapons will use the traditional dual magazine technique, while others have special grips on the magazine that allows for faster removal.
|Most assault rifles||Dual Mags||The cocking animation for the KN-44 is altered.|
For several of the other rifles, the bolt catch is used instead.
|Button magazine release used||Slightly altered cocking animation for the SVG-100.|
For several of the other weapons, the bolt catch is used instead.
|Altered reloading animations||Slide released instead of being pulled for the MR6, RK5 and L-CAR 9.|
Lever flipped instead of cocked normally for the Argus.
Bolt catch used for the Gorgon, 48 Dredge and Drakon.
|KRM-262||Two shells loaded at a time||Slightly altered cocking animation.|
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- "All reloads are faster. The current loaded magazine also has improved reload speed by flipping it over and inserting a second magazine."
- — Description
- "Reload faster."
- — Description of the Fast Mags on the MOG 12
Fast Mags return in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
The Fast Mag is a Magazine attachment available for all Light Machine Guns and Pistols alongside most of the Submachine Guns and Sniper Rifles in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. It increases reload speed with no penalty, same as jungle-style or taped magazines.
|Milano 821||Weapon Level 16||+ 18% Reload Quickness|
|KSP 45||Weapon Level 16||+ 18% Reload Quickness|
|Bullfrog||Weapon Level 16||+ 18% Reload Quickness|
|MAC-10||Weapon Level 16||+ 18% Reload Quickness|
|LC10||Weapon Level 16||+ 23% Reload Quickness|
|PPSh-41||Weapon Level 16||+ 18% Reload Quickness|
|OTs 9||Weapon Level 16||+ 20% Reload Quickness|
|TEC-9||Weapon Level 16||+ 20% Reload Quickness|
Light Machine Gun
|Stoner 63||Weapon Level 16||+ 25% Reload Quickness|
|RPD||Weapon Level 16||+ 33% Reload Quickness|
|M60||Weapon Level 16||+ 30% Reload Quickness|
|MG 82||Weapon Level 16||+ 25% Reload Quickness|
|LW3 - Tundra||Weapon Level 16||+ 25% Reload Quickness|
|M82||Weapon Level 16||+ 25% Reload Quickness|
|ZRG 20mm||Weapon Level 16||+ 25% Reload Quickness|
|Swiss K31||Weapon Level 16||+ 25% Reload Quickness|
|1911||+ 20% Reload Quickness|
|Magnum||+ 57% Reload Quickness|
|Diamatti||+ 20% Reload Quickness|
|AMP63||+ 20% Reload Quickness|
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Pistols and certain SMGs that are equipped with Fast Mag have a Magpul magazine grip attached to their magazines.
- Sniper rifles with Fast Mag also have a special grip on the magazine, but this grip is only available for the third person model.
- When reloading a sniper rifle with Fast Mag, how the character holds the fresh magazine is a little bit different, although the whole reload animation is almost unchanged but faster.
- When reloading the second magazine, one can see the cartridges in the magazine are in 2D instead of 3D.
- There exists a minor oversight in the empty reloads for the PDW-57 and FAL OSW. When using the bolt release at the end of the animation, no sound is played.
- Although each two shells are loaded simultaneously when the SPAS-12 is equipped with Fast Mag, the animation depicts only one shell being inserted at a time, unlike the 870 MCS and the KSG.
- When reloading the 870 MCS or KSG with Fast Mag, if the gun only needs one shell to be fully loaded, the character still loads two.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- On some weapons, the animation has the player simply shaking the spent magazine free before putting the fresh one in.