|Next level||Hostage Taker|
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Character||Unknown Delta Force Operator|
|Place||Sherbro, Sierra Leone|
|Objective||Intecept enemy intel |
Locate the enemy safe house
Paint the safe house for an air strike
|Enemies||African Militia, Hyenas|
|Multiplayer map||Village, Mission|
·Hyena Knife Kills
|Campaign level||"Back on the Grid"|
- "Intercept enemy Intel to locate and eliminate the high value target."
- — Level Description
The player begins in the Sierra Leone church where you ended a cargo search in "Back on the Grid", with an M4A1 w/ Hybrid Sight and a Five Seven, There is a selection of weapons on the floor in the initial area. The player must collect five pieces of paper intel from fallen enemies. The player must fight out of the square and down the street until all intel is collected, in order to locate two safehouses, so they can be painted for a precision airstrike.
|Found in level|
- There are several Sentry Guns set up around the area. Destroying each rewards the player with 100 XP, but ignoring them nets a higher bonus score when the mission finishes.
- When throwing a Semtex Grenade, a player's character will say a quote about a fragmentation grenade.
- If a hyena is killed by a knife, the player is rewarded with extra points.
- Sentries here are easier to take down since the bullets damage them more.
- The Africa Militia's defeat theme plays during this mission.
- The weapon used to destroy the buildings is actually the Laser Designated Strike which was intended to be in multiplayer.
- The name of the mission, Fatal Extraction, is a reference to the 1987 film Fatal Attraction.