- "Team boosters for heightened vision and hearing. See enemies through walls."
- — Description.
Feral Instincts is a Team Support item that appears in Call of Duty: Ghosts, mode Extinction. It allows the player to see Cryptids through walls. The upgrades are very useful for mobility and health regeneration, in addition to longer perception.
Upgrading Feral Instincts will give recipients bonus effects, such as movement speed buffs, as well as extend the effect of Feral Instincts.
Due to the ability to see Cryptids through walls, it is extremely valuable to use when the player(s) needs to find the Leper, since it will be highlighted and its oddly timid behaviour will give itself away to the player(s).
The enhanced movement benefits of Feral Instincts, in addition to the heavy assistance it provides on Leper challenges, make it one of the more popular team support options, nearly on par with the Team Booster in term of popularity. It is especially popular for use with Weapon Specialists, since they have little need for Team Booster, and there usually is another player providing Armor. Feral Instincts are very helpful when running to the extraction point on Point of Contact, as it allows users to get to pivotal points more quickly, as well as just escape the map more quickly. The ability to see Cryptids through walls allows users to better prepare for incoming enemies and single out high-priority targets.
- Team boosters for heightened vision and hearing. See enemies through walls.
- +1 (Cost: 1): Move 20% faster while boosted.
- +2 (Cost: 1): Regenerate health faster.
- +3 (Cost: 1): Increases the booster's duration by 2x.
- +4 (Cost: 1): Increases the booster's duration by 3x and adds increased sprint endurance.
- Previously when activated, Feral Instincts would cause the player's screen to gain a yellow tint for the duration of the item's effects. This tint was later removed but can still be seen on the Wii U version of the game as it has not received the update.