Fireworks is a Tier 2 Perk in Call of Duty: World at War. This perk increases the damage of all explosive weapons such as M9A1 Bazookas, Frag Grenades, Satchel Charges, and Bouncing Betties by a multiplier of 1.25. Fireworks is canceled out by Flak Jacket. This perk is available at level 1 and is the equivalent of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's perk Sonic Boom as well as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's perk Danger Close.
- This perk is highly recommended for an anti-tank class, along with Extreme Conditioning and Satchel Charges. A bazooka is quick and effective at destroying tanks, about 2 rockets and one sticky to the back of a tank will destroy it.
- If players have this perk equipped with Ordnance Training, their firepower when driving a tank is increased greatly.
- This perk will allow players to have a higher probability of killing players with Martyrdom, but is very underused in favor of perks such as Stopping Power or Overkill.
- A sniper might find this useful as it makes Bouncing Betties more reliable in defending their position. However, most snipers refuse to sacrifice Stopping Power, because if they have Fireworks, they will have to get chest, neck and head shots for one-hit-kills.
- Players who use high powered weapons such as the MP40, Thompson, Type 100, DP-28, MG42 and the M1919 benefit most from this perk, as they still have a large amount of fire power without the damage-boosting Stopping Power.
- Players who use the Rifle Grenade attachment can commonly be found using this perk, as it allows for more splash damage to be done and therefore reduces the accuracy required for each shot.
- Players who like to team kill find this perk useful for more splash damage with the M9A1 bazooka.
- This perk can be useful in Search and Destroy for Bouncing Betties and grenades when defending.