- "It's mine! MINE! I WILL CONTROL THEM ALL!!!"
- — Richtofen after picking up the stone also foreshadowing his true plan.
The Focusing Stone is an object that appears in the Zombies maps Shangri-La and Moon. It is the reward for completing the Shangri-La Eclipse Easter Egg. After receiving the Focusing Stone, the players will get the achievement/trophy Time Travel Will Tell. It grants the player that picks it up all eight perks permanently until the game ends.
During Shangri-La's easter egg, the explorers Brock and Gary interact with the focusing stone and become entrapped in a seemingly infinite time-loop. Sally, George Romero's assistant, also becomes trapped within the same loop.
In Moon, the Focusing stone is merged with the Vril Device and used in the map's Easter Egg. The stone, merged with the Vril device, can also be found in Samantha's room during the end cutscene for the map Origins in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It also appears in Call of Duty: Black Ops III in the remastered version of Shangri-La, colored blue instead of orange.
The Focusing Stone was originally a giant meteorite infused with Element 115, that was hovering above the temple. The Eclipse Easter Egg involves the stone, and Richtofen's goal to use the Focusing Crystals to amplify the 31-79 JGb215's shrinking power to shrink the giant meteorite down. After it is shrunk down, it appears as a rock that floats above the altar. It is also seen in the loading screen.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops III, the Focusing Stone is now blue in color in Shangri-La. This can be noticed when comparing the Focusing Stone in Black Ops III to the original in Black Ops.
Black Ops III
- The altar where the stone sits on has Richtofen's name carved into it.
- When going to the past, if a player is looking up at the spot where the Focusing Stone is, they will see that it just appears out of nowhere compared to the other meteor that you see crashing for Step 7.
- On each side of the Focusing Stone when it is floating above the altar, there are two skulls. One appears to be an alien-like skull with a large head and the other looks like a gorilla.
- It has become fused with the Vril Generator in Moon.
- In the game's code, the Focusing Stone is referred to as Anti-115. This is the only place where the concept of Anti-115 was used.