- "Nearby zombies chase the user. The triggering player deals double damage to zombies for the duration of the special."
- — Description
Frontline is a special ability featured in the Nazi Zombies mode of Call of Duty: WWII. When activated, it will cause all nearby zombies to begin chasing the player while granting the player double damage. Frontline can be seen as the opposite of the Camouflage (Nazi Zombies) ability, as zombies are drawn towards the player while Camouflage draws zombies away from the player.
Like the other special abilities, the player can equip special Raven Research mods onto the special ability via the "Loadouts" menu, but like the others, only the upgrades that apply to the Frontline special ability can be put on said special ability.
- All zombies will have a purple electric effect on their abdomen (appears on all players' screens), signifying that Frontline is active.
- On solo, since the player is always targeted, Frontline essentially grants double damage for the duration of the ability.
- When a teammate activates Frontline, the team will be notified by the activation sound and a silhouette of the Frontline icon around the teammate's character icon.
Frontline Special Mods
- Resilient - Significantly reduces the delay before regaining health while using Frontline.
- Determination - Gain 2 points of Geistchild when activating Frontline.
- Punishment - While Frontline is active, weaker enemies die automatically after hitting the user.
- Team Effort - Nearby teammates also receive the damage bonus while using Frontline.
- Vicious - Enemies take triple damage instead of double damage while using Frontline.