— The Wehrmacht's Victory Theme in Call of Duty: United Offensive
The German Armed Forces (or the Wehrmacht and Imperial German Army) is the most prevalent of the antagonist forces in the Call of Duty series, and are the main antagonists in Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, and Call of Duty: WWII. They also appear in Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
In the campaign of the Call of Duty series the German soldiers' fighting ability differ by the difficulty level chosen. Individual German soldiers do not have much strength or stamina in campaign mode so the player character can kill them easily. In Call of Duty 3 a melee grappling mode is enabled at certain points, in which the character must press a certain sequence of buttons in order to fight off an enemy soldier.
They wear different uniforms throughout each campaign, each suited to the theater of operations - light brown or tan uniforms for desert warfare and white and dark brown winter parkas for winter warfare.
- 1 Luftwaffe
- 2 Kriegsmarine
- 3 Waffen-SS
- 4 Weapons and Vehicles
- 5 German Military Personnel
- 6 Multiplayer Maps
- 7 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 8 Gallery
- 8.1 Call of Duty and United Offensive
- 8.2 Call of Duty 2
- 8.3 Call of Duty 3
- 8.4 Call of Duty: World at War Final Fronts
- 8.5 Call of Duty: World at War
- 8.6 Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 8.7 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- 8.8 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 8.9 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 8.10 Call of Duty: WWII
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Trivia
- Main article: Luftwaffe
The Luftwaffe are the Air Force of the German military is often seen in the form of planes which the player must either shoot down or take cover from, their role in Call of Duty is limited as they are rarely directly confronted.
- Main article: Kriegsmarine
The Kriegsmarine was the naval warfare branch of the German military during World War II. The most significant appearance of the branch forces is during the infiltration of Battleship Tirpitz in Call of Duty, where the player encounters Matrosengefreiter and Korvettenkapitän guards on the ship.
- Main article: Waffen-SS
The Waffen-SS were the armed wing of the Nazi Party's Schutzstaffel. They are rarely seen, and often distinguishable from regular soldiers when playing Call of Duty as their uniforms are slightly different as they wear camouflaged smocks and helmet covers, wore SS runes on the collar, had an eagle on the sleeve, divisional cuff title on the left and black shoulder boards for the enlisted men.
Weapons and Vehicles
- Panzerfaust 60
- Flammenwerfer 35
- 8 cm GrW 34
- Kz 8 cm GrW 42
- Nebelwerfer 41
- V-2 Rocket
- Messerschmitt BF109
- Junkers Ju 87
- Messerschmitt Me 323
- Junkers Ju 52
- Focke-Wulf 200 Condor
- Heinkel He 111
- BMW R75
- Opel Blitz
- SdKfz 2
- Sd. Kfz. 10
- Sd. Kfz. 222
- Sd. Kfz. 251
- Horch 1a
- Panzer II
- Panzer III
- Panzer IV
- Tiger II
German Military Personnel
- Gen. Hermann Freisinger (K.I.A)
- Gen. Leo Steiner (K.I.A.)
- Brig. Gen. Richter (K.I.A.)
- Maj. Gen. Heinrich Amsel (K.I.A.)
- Maj. Gen. Edward Richtofen (Ultimis version shot by Primis version in The Giant).
- Dr. Ludvig Maxis
- Dr. Friedrich Steiner (K.I.A.)
- Capt. Jannick Richter (K.I.A.)
- Capt. Metz (K.I.A.)
- Brig. Gen., SS-Und Polizeiführer Heinrich (K.I.A.)
- Dr. Peter Straub (K.I.A.)
- Grüppenführer Heinz Richter (K.I.A.)
- Col. Huber
- Col. Baumann
- Col. Keller
- Col. Sauer
- German Tank Commander (K.I.A.)
- German Sergeant (Unknown)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- "The German Tiger Tank. 'King Tiger' they called it. Immune to most munitions. Are you strong enough to defeat it?"
- — Sarah Hall talking to the player in her Mind.
The German Military is an enemy faction during a flashback during the mission "Demon Within". In this mission, the Player uses a DNI mental link to force their way into Sarah Hall's mind in which she re-imagines the Siege of Bastogne that she references in her final paper at the Academy. The Player must fight against Hall's warped mental universe. In Hall's mind, the German Military and US Military are both mostly using 2060s-era weapons, with the exceptions being the King Tiger tank, the Stielhandgranates, and the mounted MG42s.
Near the end of the mission, German Military zombies appear, attacking the player with vehement ferocity.
Call of Duty and United Offensive
The Wehrmacht appears in every mission, except in the original's Call of Duty last mission and United Offensive Multiplayer Berlin map, where they are replaced by the Hitlerjugend and the Waffen-SS due to the betrayal of the Wehrmacht during the Battle of Castle Itter, France.
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty: World at War Final Fronts
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Black Ops
The German military makes an appearance in the flashback mission "Project Nova".
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Main article: Bundeswehr
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
The Imperial German Army appears in the intro for Origins.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Call of Duty: WWII
- Main article: German Military/Quotes
- In the mission Hostage! in Call of Duty 3, all the enemies belong to the Feldgendarmerie, the Military Police Units of the Germany Army in World War 2. Their uniform differ from the standard by wearing Feldgendarmerie on the cuffs and Feldjägerkorps on the gorgets.
- At the end of a victorious multiplayer match when playing as the Wehrmacht in Call of Duty: World at War, during the Königgratzer Marsch, the following Propaganda is heard: "Vor uns liegt Deutschland, in uns marschiert Deutschland, und hinter uns, kommt Deutschland!" (translates to "Germany lies before us, Germany marches within us, and Germany follows us!").
- Although the team name says Wehrmacht, the models for the rifleman and submachine gunner for multiplayer in Call of Duty: World at War are actually Waffen-SS due to the distinctive woodland camouflage uniforms and swastika patch.
- Many German soldiers in the missions of Call of Duty 2 set in Soviet Union and Europe bear the decal of the Spanish Blue Division on their helmets, which means that they are actually Spanish.
- In Call of Duty: WWII, the uniforms of the solders in the campaign on the kind of weapon they use. SMG soldiers are wearing field caps, Rifleman a helmet and trenchcoat, LMG gunner has leaves on his helmet and Shotgunner has shotgun shells on the uniform and a balaclava covering the lower face. This applies also to Waffen-SS soldiers.