— The Wehrmacht's Victory Theme in Call of Duty: United Offensive
The German Armed Forces (or the Wehrmacht and Imperial German Army) is the most prevalent of the antagonist forces in the Call of Duty series, and are the main antagonists in Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, and Call of Duty: WWII. They also appear in Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
In story mode of the Call of Duty series the German soldiers' fighting ability differ from the modes, Easy, Medium, Hard, and sometimes even Veteran. Individual German soldiers do not have much strength or stamina in campaign mode so the player character can kill them easily. In Call of Duty 3 a melee grappling mode is enabled at certain points, in which the character must press a certain sequence of buttons in order to fight off an enemy soldier.
They wear different uniforms throughout each campaign, each suited to the theater of operations - light brown or tan uniforms for desert warfare and white and dark brown winter parkas for winter warfare.
- 1 Luftwaffe
- 2 Kriegsmarine
- 3 Weapons and Vehicles
- 4 German Military Personnel
- 5 Waffen-SS
- 6 Multiplayer Maps
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Gallery
- 8.1 Call of Duty and United Offensive
- 8.2 Call of Duty 2
- 8.3 Call of Duty 3
- 8.4 Call of Duty: World at War Final Fronts
- 8.5 Call of Duty: World at War
- 8.6 Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 8.7 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- 8.8 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 8.9 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 8.10 Call of Duty: WWII
- 9 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 10 Trivia
Luftwaffe[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Luftwaffe
The Luftwaffe are the Air Force of the German military is often seen in the form of planes which the player must either shoot down or take cover from, their role in Call of Duty is limited as they are rarely directly confronted.
Kriegsmarine[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Kriegsmarine
The Kriegsmarine was the naval warfare branch of the German military during World War II. The most significant appearance of the branch forces is during the infiltration of Battleship Tirpitz in Call of Duty, where the player encounters Matrosengefreiter and Korvettenkapitän guards on the ship.
Weapons and Vehicles[edit | edit source]
Guns[edit | edit source]
Explosives[edit | edit source]
- Panzerfaust 60
- Flammenwerfer 35
- 8 cm GrW 34
- Kz 8 cm GrW 42
- Nebelwerfer 41
- V-2 Rocket
Aircraft[edit | edit source]
- Messerschmitt BF109
- Junkers Ju 87
- Messerschmitt Me 323
- Junkers Ju 52
- Focke-Wulf 200 Condor
- Heinkel He 111
Ground Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- BMW R75
- Opel Blitz
- SdKfz 2
- Sd. Kfz. 10
- Sd. Kfz. 222
- Sd. Kfz. 251
- Horch 1a
- Panzer II
- Panzer III
- Panzer IV
- Tiger II
German Military Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Main article: German Military/Names
- Brig. Gen. Richter (K.I.A.)
- Maj. Gen. Heinrich Amsel (K.I.A.)
- Maj. Gen. Edward Richtofen (K.I.A., killed by his Origins version)
- Dr. Ludvig Maxis
- Dr. Friedrich Steiner (K.I.A.)
- Capt. Metz (K.I.A.)
- Brig. Gen., SS-Und Polizeiführer Heinrich (K.I.A.)
- Dr. Peter Straub (K.I.A.)
- Grüppenführer Heinz Richter (K.I.A.)
- Col. Huber
- Col. Baumann
- Col. Keller
- Col. Sauer
- German Tank Commander (K.I.A.)
- German Sergeant (Unknown)
Waffen-SS[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Waffen-SS
The Waffen-SS were the armed wing of the Nazi Party's Schutzstaffel. They are rarely seen, and often distinguishable from regular soldiers when playing Call of Duty as their uniforms are slightly different as they wear camouflaged smocks and helmet covers, wore SS runes on the collar, had an eagle on the sleeve, divisional cuff title on the left and black shoulder boards for the enlisted men.
- 1.SS "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" Panzer Division.
- 2.SS "Das Reich" Panzer Division.
- 9th SS "Hohenstaufen" Panzer Division.
- 10th SS "Frundsberg" Panzer Division.
- 12.SS "Hitlerjugend" Panzer Division.
- 17th SS "Gotz Von Berlichingen" Panzergrenadier Division.
Multiplayer Maps[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: German Military/Quotes
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty and United Offensive[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty 2[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty 3[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: World at War Final Fronts[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: World at War[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: Black Ops[edit | edit source]
The German military makes an appearance in the flashback mission "Project Nova".
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Bundeswehr
Call of Duty: Black Ops II[edit | edit source]
The Imperial German Army appears in the intro for Origins.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: WWII[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: Black Ops III[edit | edit source]
Campaign[edit | edit source]
- "The German Tiger Tank. 'King Tiger' they called it. Immune to most munitions. Are you strong enough to defeat it?"
- — Sarah Hall talking to the player in her Mind.
The German Military is an enemy faction during a flashback during the mission "Demon Within". In this mission, the Player uses a DNI mental link to force their way into Sarah Hall's mind in which she re-imagines the siege of Bastogne that she references in her final paper at the Academy. The Player must fight against Hall's warped mental universe. In Hall's mind, the German Military and US Military are both mostly using 2060s-era weapons, with the exceptions being the King Tiger tank, the Stielhandgranates, and the mounted MG42s.
Near the end of the mission, German Military zombies appear, attacking the player with vehement ferocity.
Zombies[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the mission Hostage! in Call of Duty 3, all the enemies belong to the Feldgendarmerie. Their uniform differ from the standard by wearing Feldgendarmerie on the cuffs and Feldjägerkorps on the gorgets. The Feldgendarmerie were the Military Police Units of the Germany Army in WW2 and were in charge of various police duties including arresting German deserters and defeatists.
- At the end of a victorious multiplayer match when playing as the Wehrmacht in Call of Duty: World at War, during the Königgratzer Marsch, Hitler can be heard saying "Vor uns liegt Deutschland, in uns marschiert Deutschland, und hinter uns, kommt Deutschland!" (translates to "Germany lies before us, Germany marches within us, and Germany follows us!").
- Although the team name says Wehrmacht, the models for the rifleman and submachine gunner for multiplayer in Call of Duty: World at War are actually Waffen-SS due to the distinctive woodland camouflage uniforms and swastika patch.
- Some of the German soldiers in the Soviet missions of Call of Duty 2 bear the decal of the Spanish Blue Division on their helmet, which would imply that they are actually Spanish.
- The zombies in Call of Duty World at War all wear the SS black uniforms.
- In WWII, the uniforms of the solders in the campaign on the kind of weapon they use. SMG soldiers are wearing field caps, Rifleman a helmet and trenchcoat, LMG gunner has leaves on his helmet and Shotgunner has shotgun shells on the uniform and a balaclava covering the lower face. This applies also to Waffen-SS soldiers.