|You'll be a blur in this image, so the users won't see you until you're very close.|
This article is in need of better quality images. Feel free to upload them to improve the article.
|One of our forward unit pages is pinned down and needs our expansion!|
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, needs to be expanded.
Add to the discussion on what needs to be improved, or start your own discussion on the talk page.
The Gondola, also known as the Tram, is a utility in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies map Mob of the Dead, Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies map Der Eisendrache and the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies map Blood of the Dead.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- "Ahh, just what we needed! Not a moment too soon."
- — Albert "Weasel" Arlington, when using the Gondola.
In Mob of the Dead, transports a player to and from the Cell Block and Dock, and costs 750 points. To use it for the first time, it must be activated via shock from Afterlife. Unlike similar utilities of transportation, such as the Lunar Lander or the Mine Cart, zombies close to the Gondola are not forcefully ejected or rendered immobile when it is activated. It is possible for zombies, and even Brutus, to move in before the doors close and attack the players. Players can use the gondola to obtain a skull using the Hell's Retriever for the main Easter egg Pop Goes The Weasel and the free Blundergat Easter Egg. The skull is located on a lamp below the Gondola's path. However, there is a trick to avoid the Gondola ride by getting close enough to the lamp from the the Juggernog area.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- "Whoever designed infernal machine should be shot!"
- — Nikolai, When missing a fuse for the Gondola.
In Der Eisendrache, two appear in the starting room and the one to the right can be called via a Tram Fuse. When it is called, it will either have a random power-up or a weapon inside, as well as a zombie at times, and stays until there are no players remaining in it, then leaves. It is even possible to get a Ray Gun in the Tram, although it is very rare.
The tram to the left can be called as well. Upon spawning on the map, immediately throw grenades into the tram. Throughout the game, acquire and use Tram Fuses. Upon using the fifth fuse, the left tram will be called to the station instead of the right tram. Drops can include Monkey Bombs and Pack-a-Punched weapons.
- Gondola is a traditional flat Venetian boat, still used as a method of travel through the canals and rivers.
- When Finn O'Larry uses the Gondola, he says "The ship has sailed", referring to it as a sea vehicle.
- In Greek mythology, a flat boat is used by Charon to carry people through rivers to the underworld. This matches with the imagery of Alcatraz as Purgatory.
- One player can call the Gondola from the opposite side of it without spending any points. This is a very effective method for transporting another player, though the Gondola still must recharge after each use.
- In Der Eisendrache, the higher the round, the more likely the player is to get a weapon or points from the Gondola.