Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Black Ops vs. Mercs
- "Radical skate park near the famous Venice Beach. Ramps, jumps and tubes offer varied engagements."
- — Map Description
Grind is a Multiplayer map included in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II downloadable content pack Revolution and in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 as a free map for the 2019 Days of Summer Update. It is set in a skatepark in Venice, California. The map uses almost an entirely curved environment, unlike most Call of Duty maps. It is the smallest in the map pack, and one of the smallest in Black Ops II, competing with Nuketown 2025 and Hijacked.
There are 3 main paths: one path will go through an outdoor stadium and memorial; one will go through the indoor stadium and store, and the last one will go through the side, leading towards the bathroom.
The Mercs and the FBI fight on this map. The FBI spawn in the parking lot near the bathroom, and the Mercs will spawn in the middle of the outdoor park.
Most of the firefights take place in the indoor part of the map. As such, aerial killstreaks such as the Lightning Strike and the Hellstorm Missile will not be as effective on this map. However, killstreaks such as the Dragonfire and the A.G.R. will prove to be extremely dangerous on this map, as they can easily patrol the indoor premises. Flanking is very common on this map, as the left and right sides of the map prove to have much less gunfights, and as well, have paths that link towards the main indoor area.
- There are posters for films based on other maps, including Meltdown, Hijacked and Express.
- There are many BMX bikes and skateboards throughout the map. The bikes are named "Stunter S".
- If the player walks over certain BMX bikes throughout the map, a bike bell rings.
- Some skateboards have the Call of Duty: Black Ops II signature orange stripes on them.
- There are multiple signs around the map that say "Vert Games". This is a possible reference to the X Games, which are an extreme sports competition held in California.