- "Similar to the Hybrid Sight, the HAMR Scope offers both a short range and mid range sight for increased flexibility according to the current combat situation."
- — Call of Duty ELITE
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
HAMR Scope is a toggleable hybrid of a Red Dot Sight mounted on top of a low-power ACOG-like scope. It has a 1.35x zoom when using the red dot sight mounted on top and a 2.4x zoom when using the scope itself. It is the SMG equivalent of the Hybrid Sight. However, rather than flipping a magnifier up behind the sight, the player simply turns a knob on the side of the scope and aims down either one of the sights.
When toggling, the player turns a knob on the side of the scope; when the RDS is selected, a red glow will appear inside it. The reticle for the scope is a unique Winged Delta reticle, and cannot be changed by choosing a custom reticle. Also, just like the Hybrid Sight, in order to avoid players from using the Red Dot Sight exclusively, the size of Red Dot Sight is smaller than the standard sight. The HAMR Sight also has various debris scattered about the lens, making long range attacks on dusty, dirty, or darker maps more difficult. Just like the Hybrid Sight, player has to preemptively switch sights before engaging in either long-range or close-range firefights to avoid switching while under fire.
The HAMR Scope is only available to the SMG class of weapons, and is unlocked at Weapon Proficiency Level 22.
- The scope switch time on the HAMR Scope is slightly faster compared to the Hybrid Sight.
- ADS time is slower with this attachment when using the low zoom sight.
- The HAMR scope is part of the game's sponsorship deal with Leupold optics, and has very distinct Leupold logos on the side of the scope and on the mounting rail.
- The HAMR Scope is the only optical piece featuring a Winged Delta reticle
- The player can see the Winged Delta reticle if it is set on it without aiming down the sight by crouching or going prone.