Hacker is a new equipment in the new Zombie map Moon. It takes up the equipment slot, therefore players can't have this and the P.E.S. at the same time. The equipment is needed for five of the new achievements: "One Small Hack for Man", "One Giant Leap", "Cryogenic Slumber Party", "Big Bang Theory", and "Ground Control."
The Hacker can be found in any of the three laboratory floors, on any desks near the sides of the room. If a player obtains another P.E.S, it will move to another random desk. The Hacker may be used on various areas around the map with different outcomes.
It appears that after the player has held on to Hacker for several rounds, the player will start to receive 500 points at the end of a round and the amount will continue to increase the longer it is held onto (this includes teleporting from Area 51 back to Moon).
- Pack-a-Punch machine - Raises three gates around it. No zombies or players may go in or out. Hacking it grants the hacker 1,000 points.
- Excavator controls - When any excavator is breaching the moon base, the hacker can be used on the computer terminals in the spawn room, thus halting the attack. The players will get the achievement Ground Control if all three excavators are stopped before they breach the base.
- Doors - For 200 points, the player can hack open any door, although the hacking process is extremely slow.
- Windows - The window hacked will be repaired instantly and grant the hacker 100 points, even if only a few boards were repaired. If a single window is hacked too frequently in the same round, it will then cost 300 points to complete the operation, instead of awarding money.
- Players - The hacking player transfers 500 points to the hacked player.
- Mystery Box - If used on a possible spawn, the box will spawn there for one weapon spin for 1200 points. If used on a weapon in the box, it will re-roll for 600 points, instead of 950. If the re-roll is hacked, the weapon glows blue and every player has the option to trade weapons. It is odd that when the re-roll is hacked, the player receives the original 950 back, essentially buying the Mystery Box twice for 600 points. This can be extremely useful, as when the box is re-rolled and the second weapon appears, the player can hack the re-roll and gain 950 points back, while still able to pick up the weapon and without the weapon changing.
- Wall Guns - The price of the ammo cost will "swap" making the normal ammo getting the price of the upgraded ammo, and the upgraded getting the price of the normal ammo.
- Perk-a-Cola - Hacking a perk that is already bought will return you cost of the perk, but the perk will be taken away. However, on Solo, you cannot return your third use of Quick Revive because the machine has already disappeared. Also, returning a Quick Revive on Solo does not allow you to buy it an additional time, you still can only buy Quick Revive three times.
- Buttons and levers - The Hacker can be used on any of the red buttons or green levers in the laboratory, which is part of Richtofen's Grand Scheme.
- Power-Ups - Hacking most Power-Ups changes them into a Max Ammo. Hacking a Max Ammo changes it into a Fire Sale. Both cost the player 5000 points.